mindfullness94
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Can I defer a schools direct pgce course in the middle of January? I have been feeling so tired and exhausted, I live an hour away from both of my placement schools. Whenever I am observed I always receive a requires improvement/inadequate. I'm sick of being told I'm rubbish and having no support from anyone except from my second placement mentor. I'm 21 and I want help and support, not the constant criticism. This is a teachers training course, THEY PROVIDE NO HELP ON PLANNING. I want to defer until I get my self esteem back.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The course is unlikely to change while you defer and I sincerely doubt that sitting at home doing nothing would help you improve your self esteem. Presumably there is someone coordinating your course? Could you either talk to them or your placement mentor and explain how you're feeling and the fact you don't think you can improve without more help and see what happens. Talk to friends on your course too, other people will be feeling the same as you are! Try not to get too frustrated with the mentors, remember they have their own stressful jobs to do as well and try not to hate yourself for getting inadequate marks - you're there to learn.
mindfullness94
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thank you doodle_333, I was very angry when typed up this post. I do not mean to blame my mentors, I just wish I was rejected instead of going through all of this. And Samantha, I can't really disclose what uni this is unfortunately. If you are reading this post and feel the same way, I urge you to talk to your course provider, they are there to support you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (131)
14.72%
I'm not sure (40)
4.49%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (267)
30%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.47%
I'm not a current university student (430)
48.31%

Watched Threads