Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

C34 January 2016 IAL Model Answers (Edexcel) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kprime2)
    Maybe a low or a scrape A
    Kprime, when can you upload the model answers for S1 and S2 ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danllo)
    S2 paper hasn't even been sat yet. But yes I will upload them once I get the paper.

S1 answers have been posted by aymanzayedmannan here:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3858823

ReputationRep:
    S2 paper hasn't even been sat yet. But yes I will upload them once I get the paper.

Thank you so muchhhhh !

ReputationRep:

Kprime, do you have the actual paper without the solutions written because I want to print it out and test myself

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently doing the UK Maths exams. Does anyone know if modulus equations with inequalities will be tested in the Uk papers ? My tutor has told me that there not in the specification as that is in further Maths. I'm doing Edexcel as well

ReputationRep:
    Kprime, do you have the actual paper without the solutions written because I want to print it out and test myself
    Sorry, I don't. You probably want to ask aymanzayedmannan since he posted the S1 answers.

I'm currently doing the UK Maths exams. Does anyone know if modulus equations with inequalities will be tested in the Uk papers ? My tutor has told me that there not in the specification as that is in further Maths. I'm doing Edexcel as well
    Is this for C3/4? Do you mean something like |x+3|<5? I think this can be tested in C3.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I don't. You probably want to ask aymanzayedmannan since he posted the S1 answers.

Is this for C3/4? Do you mean something like |x+3|<5? I think this can be tested in C3.
    This is only for C3 as I am a uk student. But yes, a modulus equation with any inequality sign.

Also

How do I simplify

In4 - 0.5In2 ?

ReputationRep:
    How do I solve

4^xIn4 - 2^(x-1).In2 = 0

?

ReputationRep:
    This is only for C3 as I am a uk student. But yes, a modulus equation with any inequality sign.

Also

How do I simplify

In4 - 0.5In2 ?
    You have to use simple logarithm rules

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Also

How do I simplify

In4 - 0.5In2 ?
    Ok I'm not entirely sure but from what I can remember when I did C3 papers, there was once in a blue moon an inequality question that involved modulus.

ln4 - 0.5ln2 = ln(2^2) - 0.5ln2 = 2ln2 - 0.5ln2 = 1.5ln2
    You are aware of the power laws and addition/subtraction laws for logarithms right?

How do I solve

4^xIn4 - 2^(x-1).In2 = 0

?
    Try that one yourself using the laws of logarithms. If you don't know these basic laws, then you're not ready to tackle questions of that magnitude. Therefore, I'd recommend you practise manipulating simple logarithms and do questions like the first one, and then move on to more complicated questions.

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys think scores greater than 115 raw mark is enough to get A* ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baekintouch)
    Do you guys think scores greater than 115 raw mark is enough to get A* ?
    I don't know how the boundaries normally are for C34 papers since I was a UK student. But this paper was fairly simple so just compare it to past C34 papers boundaries

ReputationRep:
    Maybe a low or a scrape A
    what do you think an A score will be out of 120?

ReputationRep:
    S2 (and M2) here mate:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3#post62424223

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much. I really need to get a high mark in S1 80+ UMS. I'm going to do all the Edexcel papers and Solomon questions in addition to most questions from the book. What other materials are available for S1 ? I've printed out DELPHIS papers for Edexcel aswell.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much. I really need to get a high mark in S1 80+ UMS. I'm going to do all the Edexcel papers and Solomon questions in addition to most questions from the book. What other materials are available for S1 ? I've printed out DELPHIS papers for Edexcel aswell.
    Yeah dude aim for 100. With enough practise it's possible. Try not to just rote learn methods, try to actually understand the content since that's how they try to throw you off in recent exams.

If you do all the Edexcel papers and the enough questions from the book, as well as Delphis and Solomon papers then you'll definitely be in a good position to get 100 in the paper.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah dude aim for 100. With enough practise it's possible. Try not to just rote learn methods, try to actually understand the content since that's how they try to throw you off in recent exams.

If you do all the Edexcel papers and the enough questions from the book, as well as Delphis and Solomon papers then you'll definitely be in a good position to get 100 in the paper.
    Thank you man. If you don't mind I'm going to share my modules grades with everyone on this thread.

C1 - 68 UMS
    C2 - 72 UMS
    C3 - 63 UMS
    C4 - 53 UMS
    S1 - 57 UMS
    S2 - 64 UMS

I ended up with a grade C in Mathematics last year (378/600 UMS). I know, I completely flopped. I am on a gap year at the moment, deciding to resit maths and 3 chemistry modules but not my third A level as I have already achieved a grade A in Economics. I really need an A in Maths and I have been working since September, however, I am unsure if I should resit S2. 64 UMS is not good but I am putting all my effort into the other modules. If I can make a big jump (getting 90UMS) in my core modules and S1 I will get my A and meet my university offer. But this is a bit risky because if I don't do well in some of the modules I will not end up getting the grade I need. Also, if I don't resit S1 I will have a bit more time for the other modules and my chemistry modules. Edexcel have been making the exams slightly harder so this makes me worry, but I am doing all Edexcel papers, Solomon papers/worksheets, MadasMaths papers, Elmwood and textbook questions. I have always been average at maths but I need it for my course. I would really approach some advice on what to do this year as February has started and exam season is around the corner.
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Offcial C34 mark scheme attached
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf WMA02_01_msc_20160216.pdf (351.4 KB, 91 views)

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys have the atual questions for the paper?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.