The Student Room Group

Aqa RST3B A2 2016 Predictions Philosophy of Religion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KaurNav
omg!!!!! that exam was so hard, couldn't believe how limited the questions were!!!

did anyone do the problem of evil???

I did as well!
Original post by ohmyapplepie
I did as well!

what did u think of it, i found it quite hard also messed up on the 20 marker??
Original post by KaurNav
also i was hoping that anselm might come up. examiners are so harsh but hopefully grade boundaries will go down.
i think it was more hard as it was a replacemnt paper, i bet the original one had questions on anselm and hick.
are you doing RST4A for the second paper?/

Yeah, Religious Experience
A paper which i think is there just for the sake of it, AQA don't need to pile more pressure
Original post by Karan24H
Yeah, Religious Experience
A paper which i think is there just for the sake of it, AQA don't need to pile more pressure

yeah agree....i'm doing life death and beyond.:colone:
Original post by KaurNav
what did u think of it, i found it quite hard also messed up on the 20 marker??

I thought the AO1 was nice, just sort of waffled for a lot and made sure I did a conclusion where I explicitly stated how the Augustinian theodicy explained moral and natural evil.

The AO2 I went on about how natural evil can only really by justified by Augustine as a punishment for sin, or could be indirectly by humans through lack of care for the environment. Argued that moral evil is easier to be justified e.g. free will as in Augustine, FWD, could be soul making for Hick etc, but that equally these theodicies aren't sound and went into some of the weaknesses of Augustine though I sort of ran out of time :/
[QUOTE="Sademajek;65811481"]
Original post by Anon113
Yes unfortunately :frown: If you have done previous past papers, there have been questions which have involved key objections for Anselm, and you must use philosophers to support your point! Who else would of made the objections wrote a lot about it and included at least Guanilo you shouldn't have done too bad

I didn't know how to bring up guanilo in that one because he spoke about the island so I just used squints and Kant but I used Quanilo him for the second part of the question in stead is that ok?

He spoke on behalf of the fool too! And how it demonstrates that there are different inderstandings of god, not just one universal one! And used examples about how in islam they see god differently compared to christians! But what is squints? Lol glad you used it in a02 tho
Original post by Haiych
I wrote 2 pages worth, and talked about how definitions only tells us what something would be like if it existed. It doesn't mean that something exists. Gave examples. How we can move from Reality to imaginary not imaginary to reality. And just elaborated and focused around this literally no scholars were involved. Im guessing i wont even get half marks if you must include scholars?

You didnt include at least one scholar?! Damn :/ well idk, cant tell till results day i guess! Dont let it get you down and demotivate you for unit 4 tho
I wrote only about Aquinas and Hume for that question as well as stating what Anselm and Descartes' definitions of God were...everyone else I spoke to mentioned Kant, Russell, Davies and Gaunilo and not Aquinas or Hume...totally confused if I did the right thing or not!

I did this same thing, slightly worried!
Original post by gemma_cotton
I did this same thing, slightly worried!

I think I know you, do you have Webb as a teacher?

I'm so worried 😬
Hi everyone. My philosophy teacher showed us what our original paper was rst3b. For the ontological argument it was explain first and second part of Anselm argument and one objection to it. And for the problem of evil- it's was explain hicks theodicy. That's all I can remember. Can't believe how easy it was!!!! Everyone eould have got A* on that.
(edited 7 years ago)
I think I know you, do you have Webb as a teacher?

I'm so worried 😬

who is this?
who is this?

Hannah
Hannah

oh hey hannah!! hopefully we both did it right, i went through both their definitions and said how Aquinas and Hume would respond, so annoying missing out Davies and Gaunilo but hopefully we will get the depth rather than breath marks?? Mr Bray mentioned you wanted to do RE at Durham is this true?
oh hey hannah!! hopefully we both did it right, i went through both their definitions and said how Aquinas and Hume would respond, so annoying missing out Davies and Gaunilo but hopefully we will get the depth rather than breath marks?? Mr Bray mentioned you wanted to do RE at Durham is this true?

That's what I did, hopefully there was more than one way of answering the question though? Have you spoken to anyone else? I'm worried I didn't apply either Hume or Aquinas to Descartes particularly well though :/ and yes I am, hopefully! You are as well aren't you?
That's what I did, hopefully there was more than one way of answering the question though? Have you spoken to anyone else? I'm worried I didn't apply either Hume or Aquinas to Descartes particularly well though :/ and yes I am, hopefully! You are as well aren't you?

Miss Webb said she'd get some kind of mark scheme through so I think ill ask her about it once all my exams are done! Really hope we did it right!! Yeah hopefully, although exams have been so hard! What college did you get?
Miss Webb said she'd get some kind of mark scheme through so I think ill ask her about it once all my exams are done! Really hope we did it right!! Yeah hopefully, although exams have been so hard! What college did you get?

Ooh I think I will as well, no point stressing about it now. Me too :s-smilie: they have been so hard, dreading results day haha! I've got Josephine Butler, what about you? Hasn't someone else firmed RE at Durham as well?
Ooh I think I will as well, no point stressing about it now. Me too :s-smilie: they have been so hard, dreading results day haha! I've got Josephine Butler, what about you? Hasn't someone else firmed RE at Durham as well?

Fingers crossed!! Very nice, I got Greys, and I don't think so, not anyone in my class I don't think?
Fingers crossed!! Very nice, I got Greys, and I don't think so, not anyone in my class I don't think?

Oh maybe it's just us then! Did you choose Greys or were you just allocated to it?
(edited 7 years ago)
Oh maybe it's just us then! Did you choose Greys or were you just allocated to it?

I was allocated it but luckily it was one that I loved when looked round so I hope its nice (if i get in) what about you?
I was allocated it but luckily it was one that I loved when looked round so I hope its nice (if i get in) what about you?

I chose it just because all the rooms are en-suite and it's self-catered! Really liked it when I went to my post-offer visit day though! Weird how we'll (hopefully) be doing the same course though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending