Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Aqa RST3B A2 2016 Predictions Philosophy of Religion Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lion467)
    Fingers crossed then haha. Which issues are you choosing?
    I'm doing medical research: stem cell research and human experiments/trials. You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherrybanana)
    I'm doing medical research: stem cell research and human experiments/trials. You?
    I'm doing Embryos -( reproductive cloning + saviour siblings), animal trials and limited resources. How would you answer an issue question?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Embryos -( reproductive cloning + saviour siblings), animal trials and limited resources. How would you answer an issue question?
    The way I would answer it is apply a theory e.g. Utilitarianism to human trials and then discuss two issues that would arise such as consent. Then I will use another theory like situation ethics and apply it to this medical issue and discuss the issues raised for a situationist. Then I'll apply two different theories to my second area of medical research which is embryo research, discussing a few issues raised.

I'm only doing two areas of medical research! Do you think that's ok? 😨I'm getting slightly worried but I've only learned two in depth !

ReputationRep:
    The way I would answer it is apply a theory e.g. Utilitarianism to human trials and then discuss two issues that would arise such as consent. Then I will use another theory like situation ethics and apply it to this medical issue and discuss the issues raised for a situationist. Then I'll apply two different theories to my second area of medical research which is embryo research, discussing a few issues raised.

I'm only doing two areas of medical research! Do you think that's ok? 😨I'm getting slightly worried but I've only learned two in depth !
    Yeah that sounds good, as long as their detailed I'm sure it's fine

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any revision stuff for problem of evil

ReputationRep:
    Doing ontological argument and problem of evil! Anyone doing fundamentalism?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joebyrne)
    Has anyone got any revision stuff for problem of evil
    I found this and it's reallyyyy good:

https://getrevising.co.uk/resources/...roblem_of_evil

ReputationRep:
    Getting really anxious about this exam now! A week to go!
    Has anyone been told predictions from teachers or found some online or thought about it themselves?

I'm doing ontological argument and problem of evil btw (Body soul as back up)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cecilyrose)
    Getting really anxious about this exam now! A week to go!
    Has anyone been told predictions from teachers or found some online or thought about it themselves?

I'm doing ontological argument and problem of evil btw (Body soul as back up)
    I'm doing OA and Body, Soul and Personal Identity I think for OA it may be a question outlining Anselm's argument for AO1 and for Body, Soul it could be about the relationship between the body and soul...
    What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I was just wondering does anyone have any essays on Ontological Argument and Problem of Evil they would like to share with me or exchange please??

ReputationRep:
    I reckon they might regurgitate 2010 paper style questions, but I don't really know I reckon it might be focus on anselm version of the OA And the modern versions like Malcolm and Plantinga, however does anyone have any ideas for the body, soul?

ReputationRep:
    I reckon they might regurgitate 2010 paper style questions, but I don't really know I reckon it might be focus on anselm version of the OA And the modern versions like Malcolm and Plantinga, however does anyone have any ideas for the body, soul?

ReputationRep:

If it makes you feel better I haven't learnt any medical issues in depth. Depending on the question I make them up as and when I need to.

ReputationRep:
    I feel like there will be a question on Key Objections and Responses for OA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jehaan)
    I feel like there will be a question on Key Objections and Responses for OA
    Same my predictions are Key objections, responses or Anselm's argument

ReputationRep:
    Same my predictions are Key objections, responses or Anselm's argument
    They could give us a question on explain Anselm's argument and the key objections to it as well since they've already done a Descartes one

ReputationRep:
    They could give us a question on explain Anselm's argument and the key objections to it as well since they've already done a Descartes one
    Yeah I agree

ReputationRep:
    If we had a question on Anselm's argument and key objections I would outline his Proslogian 2 and 3 but then how many objections should i write?

ReputationRep:
    If we had a question on Anselm's argument and key objections I would outline his Proslogian 2 and 3 but then how many objections should i write?
    If it was me I would maybe write about 3/4 of a side on his argument and then move onto the objections. On the spec it has the three objections: the definition of God, existence as a predicate and deriving existential claim from a defintion. I would probably talk about the first and the third objection and then you could talk about Anselm's reply to Guanilo and how this developed his argument.

ReputationRep:
    If it was me I would maybe write about 3/4 of a side on his argument and then move onto the objections. On the spec it has the three objections: the definition of God, existence as a predicate and deriving existential claim from a defintion. I would probably talk about the first and the third objection and then you could talk about Anselm's reply to Guanilo and how this developed his argument.
    Ohh okay ! Thank youuuuuu

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.