Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever lost your pet or has it ever escaped? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    when my dog escaped we found him at the top of our road about 20 minutes later.

ReputationRep:
    My cat once left and never came back we think she died

ReputationRep:
    I had a dog who had run off and was missing for about a week and a half. Turns out the little rascal had travelled about four miles before being picked up by a family who had taken him in and looked after him, before deciding to give him to a local rescue centre. I'm not sure how my parents managed to find him but they must have been calling around and the centre got back in touch with them. What is weird is that this family had apparently taken our dog to the vets for a check up and the vet had told them that he was apparently around four to five years old when at the time he was at least twelve.

ReputationRep:
    I lost my parrots once. God knows where they are or what they're up to :ashamed2:
    REMLewis there you go. The whole reason why mom wants another one. She misses them dearly :cry2:
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    My black Labrador used to escape pretty regularly. We had a big garden and he would always find a new hole in the hedge to escape through. He always followed his nose and would end up in really random places.

Once we lost him for 3 days which was terrifying. We found him living at another person's house and playing with two other black Labradors. When he spotted me he just trotted back over to say hi as if nothing had happened! Amazed he crossed so many roads on his own and survived.

ReputationRep:
    My mother bought me a cat for my 14th birthday and a few years later gave it away without telling me. Shout out to mum.

Last night I had a dream that I bought a snake and then realised how terrifying it was and threw it out of the window
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamoody96)
    I lost my parrots once. God knows where they are or what they're up to :ashamed2:
    REMLewis there you go. The whole reason why mom wants another one. She misses them dearly :cry2:
    Sorry to hear that, In another anecdote, I was employed to track down and catch a pet parrot that had escaped when I was 10.

Found him squawking in a tree so climbed up and got him! Best £20 I've ever earned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Professor Oak)
    Sorry to hear that, In another anecdote, I was employed to track down and catch a pet parrot that had escaped when I was 10.

Found him squawking in a tree so climbed up and got him! Best £20 I've ever earned.
    Whoa that's quite young an age. B-but how'd you track him down?
    Hehe what'd you spend it on? :mmm:
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamoody96)
    Whoa that's quite young an age. B-but how'd you track him down?
    Hehe what'd you spend it on? :mmm:
    Probably Pokemon cards

ReputationRep:
    We don't have any pets but our neighbour's rabbit ran away for a couple of days. Found it in our back garden while our neighbour was on a day trip, so to avoid it getting eaten by one of the many foxes who roam around our area, we put it in our old washing basket. We fed it and everything, it was so cute until we saw the poop :laugh:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I had a couple of gerbils when I was a kid, and one day one of the tubes for their cage broke, and one of them escaped. Luckily we managed to track her down and found her under the sofa in the front room

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a noble chance)
    Last night I had a dream that I bought a snake and then realised how terrifying it was and threw it out of the window
    Oh no, the poor snake! :cry: If you ever acquire a snake you don't want send it my way. (Though my boyfriend would probably leave me because he always says "You can either have a snake or you can have me!")

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    I had a couple of gerbils when I was a kid, and one day one of the tubes for their cage broke, and one of them escaped. Luckily we managed to track her down and found her under the sofa in the front room
    I know someone whose hamster escaped and ran into the path of an active lawnmower

Also a girl at my school had one of these rodent pets and cooked it in a microwave until it exploded
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I know someone whose hamster escaped and ran into the path of an active lawnmower

Also a girl at my school had one of these rodent pets and cooked it in a microwave until it exploded
    That second story reminded me of this

http://theoatmeal.com/blog/hamster_atonement

ReputationRep:
    Did she get convicted for animal abuse?

ReputationRep:
    My cat went missing when I was about 7. She was gone for about three weeks and me and my dad went out in the car shouting her name every night.
    It turns out, she got hit by a car. She somehow managed to drag herself back to our house with one of her back legs pretty much hanging off.
    She had a few operations but she's all good now. 17 years old and going strong

My dog used to regularly open the front door by himself. He once let himself out and was found half an hour later in the playground of my sister's primary school. He apparently caused a right commotion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackdiamond97)
    Did she get convicted for animal abuse?
    I believe she was under the age of criminal responsibility at the time

ReputationRep:
    I've never lost my own pet but I have found someone else's lost dog, he was wandering round our street so we took him to our garden to check his collar he then managed to escape again lol but we found him and took him back to his owner, he was a puppy and incredibly heavy so it was funny trying to get him home hahaha

ReputationRep:
    I used to have two pet rats and somehow one of them managed to escape from my room.... I later found him in a cupboard in the kitchen with a half eaten jammy dodger...
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, it was my cat - he actually got locked in my neighbour's garage (by my neighbour!). Turned up a couple of days before Good Friday, and then got splatted on Good Friday - not a great time for him unfortunately. Just as his medical problems were starting to clear up as well...!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.