Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

~Grow Your Grades 2016 Discussion Thread~ Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heshamkisher)
    I'm finding flash cards to be extremely effective. I've started making them electronically using Quizlet. Anyone else use flash cards?
    I use Quizlet a lot for French revision, I find it really useful!

ReputationRep:
    Will our grades have to be verified. If so, how do we do this? Would you want (for me, an A2 student) my AS results or my mock A2 results...?

ReputationRep:
    Why is it not allowing me to create a blog?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Higherdude)
    Why is it not allowing me to create a blog?
    It's a known problem that will be fixed tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Rose)
    I'm glad!
    Are there still any problems you're aware of? I'm still not able to post a new thread.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

(Original post by peterpotatoes)
    Are there still any problems you're aware of? I'm still not able to post a new thread.
    It should be working now, try posting a thread again?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    Fair enough . Quality ey. Better bust out those english books.
    Hey - I think this is fixed now so everyone can crack on.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rftra)
    What does the winner get?
    (Original post by heshamkisher)
    I'm finding flash cards to be extremely effective. I've started making them electronically using Quizlet. Anyone else use flash cards?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Prizes haven't been decided yet so suggestions can be made, but last year we had days out vouchers along with Paperchase vouchers.
    It depends on the CT (Community Team) who decide.
    We're hoping the prizes will be bigger and better than last year - they'll also be spot prizes along the way. Just waiting to see how much we can spend!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatusStarbright)
    I use Quizlet a lot for French revision, I find it really useful!
    Have you tried the flashcard tool on TSR? It's here. Would love to know what everyone thinks of it.

We also have thousands of flashcard sets as well. You can filter by board, level and so on. Any use?

ReputationRep:
    Quick question probably sounds dumb but if one of the subjects is art could we post pictures of the stuff we do?
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

(Original post by BryonyG98)
    Will our grades have to be verified. If so, how do we do this? Would you want (for me, an A2 +student) my AS results or my mock A2 results...?
    From what I was last told, this won't need to be done anymore.

The way the prizes are being issued is very different too this year - have a look at The Learn Ranger's post above.

(Original post by TonksTheCat)
    Quick question probably sounds dumb but if one of the subjects is art could we post pictures of the stuff we do?
    You're more than welcome to if you like! If the work is for something like coursework though, just be a bit vary of posting in case it gets caught or plagiarism or something.

ReputationRep:
    has this helped any of you? not sure if it's worth doing one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Learn Ranger)
    We're hoping the prizes will be bigger and better than last year - they'll also be spot prizes along the way. Just waiting to see how much we can spend!
    Any news on this yet?

(Original post by defenestrated)
    has this helped any of you? not sure if it's worth doing one
    Yeah; this competition helps me a lot. Even if creating the blog itself doesnt help you, reading those of others might as it helps to motivate you.

"Oh their doing lots of revision, perhaps I should be doing that"
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BryonyG98)
    Any news on this yet?

We're hoping to release details of prizes later today or tomorrow - just finalising the details. Bigger than last year!

Yeah; this competition helps me a lot. Even if creating the blog itself doesnt help you, reading those of others might as it helps to motivate you.

"Oh their doing lots of revision, perhaps I should be doing that"
    We hope it motivates everyone by getting them to think about how they study most effectively.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i've set up my blog here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3888093

The plan is to update it at least once a week, more likely 2 times a week.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Can someone view my GYG blog and let me know if I am heading down the right track. Any advice would be appreciated:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3897511

ReputationRep:
    The Learn Ranger

Hello, I am not able to create a new thread at the moment. Is this because the competition has already closed?

I want to start a blog to document my progress towards my A2 year exams this year

Many thanks
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Euclidean)
    The Learn Ranger

Hello, I am not able to create a new thread at the moment. Is this because the competition has already closed?

I want to start a blog to document my progress towards my A2 year exams this year

Many thanks
    Hi

Really sorry but the Grow your Grades blogging competition isn't taking any more entries.

But don't be concerned, there is a blogging area on TSR that you can use for this.

Good luck with your exams (and your blog).

ReputationRep:
    It is now to late to enter because i really really need help.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mosisgansta)
    It is now to late to enter because i really really need help.
    It's too late to enter, but you can still make a blog over in our Blogs forum, or ask your questions in Study Help

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.