Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Did I have a panic attack or was I just ill? Watch

Announcements

Yesterday during a timed essay I looked at the clock and realised I only had 10 mins left and I was nowhere near the end of my essay. I started to panic, my heart was beating really quickly, I went all shaky, started hyperventilating, felt really weak, went extremely hot, and felt like I had to get out of the classroom ASAP.

I told the teacher that something was wrong, and she had to practically carry me out of the room because my legs felt like jelly. I don't really remember much about what happened next (theres a gap of about an hour in my memory), but I know the teacher sat with me in a cool room until my breathing calmed down, and she tried to talk to me, but I couldn't get my words out.

Does this sound like a panic attack? Something similar has happened to me, but not for a few years. I have been quite ill recently with kidney problems and wondered if this funny turn may be due to that, but the timing of it being during a stressful timed essay makes me think that I wasn't just ill

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a panic attack to me....but of course I'm no doctor

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 1970
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.