Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I can't wait to leave Secondary School and never look back Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Sorry guys, but it stays the same wherever you go - you just swap one hell for another
    Not if you go to Sweden. Sweden's great.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ombtom)
    Not if you go to Sweden. Sweden's great.
    I was assuming you were like most people who can't

ReputationRep:
    You say that now but in two year's time you will really, really miss it. I actually couldn't stand it! (Just like you but probably even more).

Anyway, right now I actually miss it. It's different being at university, no one actually cares if you go to classes - tbh nobody really cares about you. You have to force yourself to do things like making friends and going to classes, it's not like school where the teachers do everything for you (to an extent). I used to hate being told what to do or what to wear, it was such a pain but at least someone actually cared about us and our wellbeing. I hope this doesn't come across as harsh - but at university, you could probably have a stroke and die and no one would even notice you were gone for quite an extended time period.

For me, I miss that. I also miss some (not all - some folks I was glad to see the back of and even still don't like now) of the people that I used to have contact with or be friends with. I've got back into contact with 2 or 3 of them but it's not the same anymore, they're not really interested in me as much as they used to be, some of them don't even care really. It's sad, but there's nothing I or anyone else can do.

It definitely made me realise that alot of the friends I had back then were merely friends for convenience and didn't give a **** about me, to put it bluntly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    I also hated secondary school, and I have never been happier since leaving that place. Some people love secondary school, others are indifferent and others have a horrible time there.

I never looked back either, and I'm happy for it. Secondary school is a blip in your life, you have a lot of good years ahead of you.
    The people who loved it are usually the popular, preppy type. I always feel sorry for them though as it is hard to maintain their popularity in such a large community once they move on to University.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam1999__)
    Lol i know how u feel i have hated secondary since the first day. To keep it simple i will make a list of the things i hate the most
    1.waking up early
    2.being told what to do
    3.retarded rules that would not exist anywhere but school
    4.being treated like a kid
    5.fake people, have to be a certain way or considered wierd ****ed up whatever
    6.boredom
    7.grinding through boring lessons learning useless crap that is irellevant to life
    8.teenagers lol even though i am one but most people our age couldn't even point to syria on a map and only care about clothes or celebrities and sex or material things. Most live in a little bubble and outside of sport and celebrities know nothing of the outside world and dont know about the news or current affairs
    9.gossip
    10.not being able to make my own decisions
    11. Annoying teachers who i could easily stand my ground against but cant because of their position
    12.despite my hatred of school and all the above parents and teachers still treat it like its the most important thing in the universe and my own interests and ambitions are shoved aside
    So yes in short i cant wait to leave and will never look back. Have a calander and striking off the days (if i was 5 days older i would be in year 12 and out of school cant wait for college and to say goodbye to this childish environment forever
    This is coming from an aspiring raf pilot and mma fighter/boxer/bodybuilder in year 11 who is an A/A* sudent who hates school with a passion. I am not some lazy retard i am broad minded and just aware of the extrodinary world and opportunities around me that i cannot experience and explore because i am being imprisoned and choked by school
    You are not alone! Hold strong not long to go until the so called "best days of our lives" are behind us
    Did i mention i ****ing hate school
    I HATE IT SO MUCH GGGRRRRRRRRRRR!
    You have to wake up early for university aswell. Infact it's worse because you are surrounded by loud people who party to 3 in the morning which makes it much harder to get up.

You might hate having your decisions made now but once you get to uni you will miss that. I know I do, lecturers do not provide much support when it comes to projects and for me that is challenging as I never know if my decision is the right one. It would be great to have that guidance that we had in school back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    secondary school is way better than college/sixth form and uni. you will look back in 3 years and regret saying this.
    I agree. I miss being a child/teenager.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frostyjoe)
    You say that now but in two year's time you will really, really miss it. I actually couldn't stand it! (Just like you but probably even more).

Anyway, right now I actually miss it. It's different being at university, no one actually cares if you go to classes - tbh nobody really cares about you. You have to force yourself to do things like making friends and going to classes, it's not like school where the teachers do everything for you (to an extent). I used to hate being told what to do or what to wear, it was such a pain but at least someone actually cared about us and our wellbeing. I hope this doesn't come across as harsh - but at university, you could probably have a stroke and die and no one would even notice you were gone for quite an extended time period.

For me, I miss that. I also miss some (not all - some folks I was glad to see the back of and even still don't like now) of the people that I used to have contact with or be friends with. I've got back into contact with 2 or 3 of them but it's not the same anymore, they're not really interested in me as much as they used to be, some of them don't even care really. It's sad, but there's nothing I or anyone else can do.

It definitely made me realise that alot of the friends I had back then were merely friends for convenience and didn't give a **** about me, to put it bluntly.

You can't blanket state that they'll change their mind and miss it in a few years. many people never miss it, I've not missed it in the slightest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super_kawaii)
    My school was a grammar school, so was considered a good school, but the teaching quality was absolutely terrible! Students only got good grades because they were smart anyway, not because the teaching was special in anyway.

In my school year, bullying was rife and because I wasn't in the "popular" group, who perpetuated the cycle, I was regularly picked on and left out of everything. It wasn't until 6th form that I got a couple of friends, but by that point I was already suicidal and needed to get out.

There were also no opportunities for extra curricular activities if you weren't sporty or looking at going to Oxbridge, neither of which I was.

I have no positive memories of secondary or 6th form.
    I went to a Grammar school aswell. I agree with you on the teaching front, it was terrible. They only cared about those who were getting A*'s (basically the top achievers) and anyone else could get stuffed.

What got on my grind was always how the crappy teachers would say how proud they were of us and their teaching when we would get great grades. Unfortunately most of the time we had to go elsewhere for support i.e tutoring or self teach ourselves.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I was bullied throughout my time at school. My teen years were definitely the darkest moments of my life. It's been about 7 years though and doesn't bother me as much as it used to.

ReputationRep:
    I cant ait to do exams and escape tbh. Secondary is full of bullies, *****es and no good boys.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is full of bullies but you are still children and don't have to look after yourself. I don't even care about the friendship side, I just miss being a teenager and not having to worry about anything.

I'm tired of cleaning, doing my laundry, dishes etc.
    I'm going home on Friday and I cannot wait so that I can have food cooked for me again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frostyjoe)
    I went to a Grammar school aswell. I agree with you on the teaching front, it was terrible. They only cared about those who were getting A*'s (basically the top achievers) and anyone else could get stuffed.

What got on my grind was always how the crappy teachers would say how proud they were of us and their teaching when we would get great grades. Unfortunately most of the time we had to go elsewhere for support i.e tutoring or self teach ourselves.
    All my teachers, bar one, didn't even care about the people getting A*s. They were just lazy. A lot of people doing physics A Level had to self teach because the teacher just wouldn't show up.

I know how you feel year 11 has been awful i've had this really horrid boyfriend that i can't get away from. Him and all his friends are awful to me and have started many rumours about me so everyone thinks i'm a weirdo because i'm so quiet and shy in school so they wouldn't expect me to do anything. I cannot wait till i finish school and never have to see them again and move on with life!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.