Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    .. me and another friend helping her?

If your friend ended up getting a first (and you a grade lower) on an assignment because she had a lot of help from others because she had a mental breakdown, what would you do/how would you feel?

*****ON AN ASSIGNMENT
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Glad for her because she has now got a good degree and will hopefully believe in herself more

ReputationRep:
    I'd wonder why I got a crap grade tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chezsa)

If your friend ended up getting a first (and you a grade lower) on an assignment because she had a lot of help from others because she had a mental breakdown, what would you do/how would you feel?

*****ON AN ASSIGNMENT
    I WOULD SCREAmmmmm I'm happy for her but insanely jealousy, angry and feel cheated omg rage fury I'd feel every negative emotion under the sun

ReputationRep:
    On one hand, I'm happy because she managed to overcome her breakdown and complete the project and get a good grade but on the other hand, I do feel jealous because she got a LOT of help. My other friend was also helping her and we both didn't know that the other was helping her out, thinking she was all on her own whilst the whole time, she was getting help from somewhere else.

ReputationRep:
    I'd work on what I did wrong. I've got below a 1st on a few assignments and you've just got to improve for the next one.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I suppose it would be disappointing, but a 2:1 is still pretty good for an assignment and it's not the only thing that'll count towards your grade.

(Whether you're allowed to help or not is something else, but I won't ask )

ReputationRep:

*****ON AN ASSIGNMENT
    Happy, it's a good thing is it not (that she got a first I mean)? No point in comparing your grades relative to others as you may not (and probably never will) be satisfied or just fall into the trap of needing others to do worse than you to feel better. Probably better to compare your final grade to what you think you were capable of. Did you achieve what you were capable of, and if not why? If you genuinely think it's because you spent too much time helping your friend then it would be best to learn for the future to not dedicate too much of your time away from yourself at the cost of your own well being and/or self satisfaction. That's me anyway

ReputationRep:
    Lol

End your friendship at once.

ReputationRep:

*****ON AN ASSIGNMENT
    Your intention for helping her was for her to do well and you did so you should be happy for her. I would feel like I need to prioritise myself more in the future and help as much as i can without damaging my own studies.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.