The Student Room Group

sociology-public documents

I'm currently starting an essay in sociology about research methods, my essay is evaluate the advantages of public documents in sociological research, I have the point that practically they could be biased as that is what we came up with in my group yet I don't know how to explain or develop this point?
Any help would be good! thanks!
Reply 1
I don't quite get you, but.

To explain the point you need to write that advantages are not always clear because everyone thinks and reacts differently. For example, if you were given a one shy person a questionnaire about their social life, he/she might not be feeling very comfortable filling this in which may lead to different answers, whereas, if you would ask someone who is outgoing you would probably have different opinion on the subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Impressive
I don't quite get you, but.

To explain the point you need to write that advantages are not always clear because everyone thinks and reacts differently. For example, if you were given a one shy person a questionnaire about their social life, he/she might not be feeling very comfortable filling this in which may lead to different answers, whereas, if you would ask someone who is outgoing you would probably have different opinion on the subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah it's very confusing my essay but that's great help thanks
Reply 3
Original post by Saraht31
yeah it's very confusing my essay but that's great help thanks

I don't think it is a help since I make this without even fully comprehending your question. Which means I am probably wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Impressive
I don't think it is a help since I make this without even fully comprehending your question. Which means I am probably wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

no you won't wrong, it's the kinda idea I was going for, just different method.

Quick Reply

Latest