(Original post by Aph)
    I thought they'd be slightly higher
    Yeah, so did I. Not that I'm complaining
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Slice of Pi)
    Yeah, so did I. Not that I'm complaining
    I just wish I knew how I've done. I've got a rough idea but I can't help but feel I've overestimated my score.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I just wish I knew how I've done. I've got a rough idea but I can't help but feel I've overestimated my score.
    I feel like that as well. I think I should have got above 73 but I don't think our exact scores will be on our results tomorrow
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I feel like that as well. I think I should have got above 73 but I don't think our exact scores will be on our results tomorrow
    I feel so too but I think I got more wrong than I can remember...
    I think they are? Because there is no UMS...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I feel so too but I think I got more wrong than I can remember...
    I think they are? Because there is no UMS...
    They just give points based on whether its a merit or distinction (or zero awarded if its unclassified). I have the mark scheme, if that would be useful to you.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf 30b_AEA_Mathematics_mark_scheme_June_2016.pdf (146.3 KB, 77 views)
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    They just give points based on whether its a merit or distinction (or zero awarded if its unclassified). I have the mark scheme, if that would be useful to you.
    Do they? I thought we were given raw marks? (That's what my teacher said)
    And I just don't remember what I said so not really

ReputationRep:
    On my results sheet it just had the grade last year.
    D for distinction etc.
    No numbers at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    D for distinction etc.
    No numbers at all
    Although i got it through results plus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As for the slightly lower than expected boundaries, I think it goes to show that this course is still an excellent discriminator among the best A-Level students and perhaps more challenging than people give it credit for. It's a shame it will be withdrawn after next year. Perhaps Edexcel will produce a similar extension course for the new A-Level, but it seems unlikely...
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    As for the slightly lower than expected boundaries, I think it goes to show that this course is still an excellent discriminator among the best A-Level students and perhaps more challenging than people give it credit for. It's a shame it will be withdrawn after next year. Perhaps Edexcel will produce a similar extension course for the new A-Level, but it seems unlikely...
    It's being withdrawn? I had no idea.
    The idea is that now we have A* at a-level it isn't needed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Do they? I thought we were given raw marks? (That's what my teacher said)
    And I just don't remember what I said so not really
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    D for distinction etc.
    No numbers at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Your school will have the marks if they search hard enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    The AEA in other subjects ceased after 2009 when the A* came in. Maths kept going due to popular demand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Although even A* students don't necessarily get distinction in AEA.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Incas end one has seen this yet.
    http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...ion_Awards.PDF

Only 25 people sat the AEA this year, of them 9 failed and 6 of those 9 were girls.
    If you are male you have an 80% chanse of having passed and a 33% chance of having got a distinction.

I am terrified that I'm one of only 3 boys that failed this year!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Incas end one has seen this yet.
    http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...ion_Awards.PDF

Only 25 people sat the AEA this year, of them 9 failed and 6 of those 9 were girls.
    If you are male you have an 80% chanse of having passed and a 33% chance of having got a distinction.

I am terrified that I'm one of only 3 boys that failed this year!!!
    Only 25 people sat it?! I'm shocked at that
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Probably part of the reason it's being scrapped. I assumed at least a few hundred would sit it actually...

I can imagine how awful it'll feel if I'm one of the 9 in the country who failed it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Probably part of the reason it's being scrapped. I assumed at least a few hundred would sit it actually...

I can imagine how awful it'll feel if I'm one of the 9 in the country who failed it.
    There's usually 800+ candidates for that exam. I can't understand it being so low this year. Maybe a lot of colleges thought the qualification had been withdrawn last year and weren't aware of its extension until 2017
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    There's usually 800+ candidates for that exam. I can't understand it being so low this year. Maybe a lot of colleges though the qualification had been withdrawn last year and weren't aware of its extension until 2017
    Are there?? That's very odd then.
    My school you had to opt into it so it might be less people wanted it (maybe more people doing STEP as AEA isn't asked for much) I can't imagine many collages thinking it had been withdrawn this year. At least nit enough to make that big an impact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Are there?? That's very odd then.
    My school you had to opt into it so it might be less people wanted it (maybe more people doing STEP as AEA isn't asked for much) I can't imagine many collages thinking it had been withdrawn this year. At least nit enough to make that big an impact.
    Yeah, have a look at the total number of candidates for the previous years. I'm very surprised that so few are taking AEA.

ReputationRep:
    26?! That seems like far too few. It does say Overseas in the top left, maybe it's just 26 international students?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.