Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel Core 3 - 21st June 2016 AM Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dlc_01)
    I completely messed up this exam. I think I'm gonna get 60 UMS. Is it still possible to get an A overall having 86 average from last year? Also, I'm doing D2 as part of AS further maths, it can count towards my maths if I get a high mark in it, right?
    I'm in a very similar position to you, let's hope the grade boundaries are lenient this year. The paper with the lowest boundaries was June 2013 and i'm 100% that this paper was harder so I guess we should have some luck on that front

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jshep000)
    The markscheme
    Forgot to add 3c to that- here it is
    Name:  IMG_2703.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  440.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotoriousS)
    Attachment 554399

On this question (2b i think), I factorised a -4 from the top after differentiation then cancelled out by an x^2+5 from top and bottom..... Was that okay of me doing that?
    No because the top simplified to 4(5-x^2)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veldt127)
    Forgot to add 3c to that- here it is
    Name:  IMG_2703.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  440.8 KB
    I can remember me getting the values above, but I don't think I remember this part of the question LOL

ReputationRep:
    71-73/75 woooo

ReputationRep:
    Any decent estimates for how many marks to get 90 UMS?

ReputationRep:
    On the 2cot2x + tanx = cotx question in part b. My polynomial was y2 - 3y - 1 = 0. I did complete the square and I put
    (y + 3/2)2 - 13/4 = 0. Which is wrong, should be -3/2. I found solutions but they are wrong. How many marks will I lose out of the 6?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirRaza97)
    On the 2cot2x + tanx = cotx question in part b. My polynomial was y2 - 3y - 1 = 0. I did complete the square and I put
    (y + 3/2)2 - 13/4 = 0. Which is wrong, should be -3/2. I found solutions but they are wrong. How many marks will I lose out of the 6?
    **** lel i used the casio 991 and directly got the solutions and forgot to put the working down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1017bsquad)
    So was it 1/2cosec(4y) ? that was the question about stating what p and q was right?
    Yes to both I have the working out for it done if you'd like to see it

ReputationRep:
    wt do you reckon 62/75 will be in ums

ReputationRep:
    How many points will i loose if i have wrong 7 a) and in Q8 b) i wrote just two values not 4 ?

ReputationRep:
    for 4a ii
    instead of ln 2.5 i put (ln6.25)/2 (same value but not simplified) will i lose marks? it did say give it in its simplest form though... how many marks will i lose then

ReputationRep:
    guesses on 100 ums

ReputationRep:
    What does everyone think 90 UMS will be? Think I got around 67.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yowenni)
    guesses on 100 ums
    73/74

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheKevinFang)
    What does everyone think 90 UMS will be? Think I got around 67.
    My initial reaction when I came out was 66 for an A* but having heard others I changed my mind to 65, so I personally think you've got an A*

Im unsure on my trig solutions for Q8b because I can't remember 2 of them but that should be max 1 or 2 marks as otherwise I got the same as the model answers for the rest. What does everyone think full UMS will be just so I can feel as best I can going into C4 lol *prays*

ReputationRep:
    69-72 marks in UMS ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marethyu)
    Please could you send the paper questions by PM or post it if possible?
    Please can you PM me the question paper too - much appreciated!!

ReputationRep:
    if i got 66/75 how much is that predicted to be out of 100?

ReputationRep:
    Is the paper online anywhere? Can someone put the link here?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.