Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dlc_01)
    I completely messed up this exam. I think I'm gonna get 60 UMS. Is it still possible to get an A overall having 86 average from last year? Also, I'm doing D2 as part of AS further maths, it can count towards my maths if I get a high mark in it, right?
    I'm in a very similar position to you, let's hope the grade boundaries are lenient this year. The paper with the lowest boundaries was June 2013 and i'm 100% that this paper was harder so I guess we should have some luck on that front

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jshep000)
    The markscheme
    Forgot to add 3c to that- here it is
    Name:  IMG_2703.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  440.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotoriousS)
    Attachment 554399

On this question (2b i think), I factorised a -4 from the top after differentiation then cancelled out by an x^2+5 from top and bottom..... Was that okay of me doing that?
    No because the top simplified to 4(5-x^2)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veldt127)
    Forgot to add 3c to that- here it is
    Name:  IMG_2703.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  440.8 KB
    I can remember me getting the values above, but I don't think I remember this part of the question LOL

ReputationRep:
    71-73/75 woooo

ReputationRep:
    Any decent estimates for how many marks to get 90 UMS?

ReputationRep:
    On the 2cot2x + tanx = cotx question in part b. My polynomial was y2 - 3y - 1 = 0. I did complete the square and I put
    (y + 3/2)2 - 13/4 = 0. Which is wrong, should be -3/2. I found solutions but they are wrong. How many marks will I lose out of the 6?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirRaza97)
    On the 2cot2x + tanx = cotx question in part b. My polynomial was y2 - 3y - 1 = 0. I did complete the square and I put
    (y + 3/2)2 - 13/4 = 0. Which is wrong, should be -3/2. I found solutions but they are wrong. How many marks will I lose out of the 6?
    **** lel i used the casio 991 and directly got the solutions and forgot to put the working down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1017bsquad)
    So was it 1/2cosec(4y) ? that was the question about stating what p and q was right?
    Yes to both I have the working out for it done if you'd like to see it

ReputationRep:
    wt do you reckon 62/75 will be in ums

ReputationRep:
    How many points will i loose if i have wrong 7 a) and in Q8 b) i wrote just two values not 4 ?

ReputationRep:
    for 4a ii
    instead of ln 2.5 i put (ln6.25)/2 (same value but not simplified) will i lose marks? it did say give it in its simplest form though... how many marks will i lose then

ReputationRep:
    guesses on 100 ums

ReputationRep:
    What does everyone think 90 UMS will be? Think I got around 67.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yowenni)
    guesses on 100 ums
    73/74

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheKevinFang)
    What does everyone think 90 UMS will be? Think I got around 67.
    My initial reaction when I came out was 66 for an A* but having heard others I changed my mind to 65, so I personally think you've got an A*

Im unsure on my trig solutions for Q8b because I can't remember 2 of them but that should be max 1 or 2 marks as otherwise I got the same as the model answers for the rest. What does everyone think full UMS will be just so I can feel as best I can going into C4 lol *prays*

ReputationRep:
    69-72 marks in UMS ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marethyu)
    Please could you send the paper questions by PM or post it if possible?
    Please can you PM me the question paper too - much appreciated!!

ReputationRep:
    if i got 66/75 how much is that predicted to be out of 100?

ReputationRep:
    Is the paper online anywhere? Can someone put the link here?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 20, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.