Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel Core 3 - 21st June 2016 AM Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reda2)
    I thought I could do all questions but I didn't!! Exams are simply not for me...

For my minimum grade predictions I need now A in C4 for overall B, or for my maximum marks I got, I will need overall B in C4 for overall B.

My days, pissed me off. How did you FLIPPIN do the question after you proved cotx? I just could not simplify it!
    use the cot^2 +1 = cosec^2 identity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blahblah21)
    Not too sure its one of the 2, because I remember seeing 32 and 3, so I think 1 of us just read the signs wrong, worst case one of us will lose 2 marks
    I got 29/2 at first when I incorrectly used 0.5 as gradient. Using -0.5 gave me 35/2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by User57)
    What did anyone get for 1.a) ??
    x=-5 and x=6 ?

a = 6 ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pineneedles)
    You were probably putting the numbers in the wrong equation, you had to put them in g(x) = 2x +7 (can't remember what it was), not g(x). I was getting so angry at that question then I realised XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
    trust I put it into every equation available on that page but still didn't get that 1 mark. (1 mark for the interval??)

ReputationRep:
    anyone get x = -21.5 for prove alpha is a positive root thing? 2 marks

Also had no idea where to put the 1.36745 and 1.36755 or w.e the numbers were to prove 1.3675 was a root etc

Overall I think semi hard paper, harder than most of the papers I've done I think A will be in the high 50s / low 60s

A* like 63/75?

ReputationRep:
    What are the predicted grade boundaries?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pablo Picasso)
    did you sit the exam?

ReputationRep:
    Unofficial Mark scheme ??? With working out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.russell)
    The turning point had to be between pi/4 and pi/2 so the answer was 0.9 something
    Wasn't the range -pi/4 to pi/2?
    That's what I remember it as actually so maybe me and thehollowcrown are right
    We were working out the x value and the x value had to be between pi/4 and pi/2 :/

ReputationRep:
    load of actual **** what the **** was that **** edexcel for **** sake **** **** **** ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mpwb12345)
    Will send u it
    Could u possibly send me a copy as well please?

ReputationRep:
    in 6b i have x+2y-31=0 i found y coordinate 14. Can you explain what i did wrong and how any marks i will lose?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pineneedles)
    You were probably putting the numbers in the wrong equation, you had to put them in g(x) = 2x +7 (can't remember what it was), not g(x). I was getting so angry at that question then I realised XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah In an earlier part of the question is said g(X) = 43 plus 2x or something which gave g(X) -43minus like 2x (I just remember one number was -68) then j got a change of sign was this right ?! Sorry haven't explained very well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nichola_vo)
    Is it possible for you to send me a copy too? Please
    Me toooooooo please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ainsleyy)
    did you sit the exam?
    yes

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else struggling to get their exams finished in time?

Throughout GCSE its never been a problem, nor was it last year in AS, but throughout my A Level Physics and Maths exams this year, its been very difficult to get them finished on time. I had to leave 9c in this paper as i simply ran out of time

Other than that, the questions were okay, i feel confident i have done them correctly. Maybe its worth sacrificing a couple of marks for to make sure i dont **** up any of the other questions by rushing and making silly mistakes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KellyLouise0)
    it was so frustrating but hey it was only two marks apparently
    yh but our whole yr 13 found it hard and I lost marks and left some questions out too.

ReputationRep:
    That was so difficult! How are people saying it was easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDonhasRisen)
    that exam was easy. For the cotx question, I changed the equation in terms of tan2x=2/3. Then worked out the four values of x.
    I did this too, idk why people did quadratic formula

ReputationRep:
    Where did -5 and 6 come from?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.