Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel Core 3 - 21st June 2016 AM Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Am i the only one who found the paper horrible.. if that's true then the GB's gonna be bloody high.. Im gonna kill myself now kay bye..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJtheconfusedcat)
    What did everyone get for the equation if the line? Was it normal or tangent? And what was your gradient?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Gradient was -1/2 I think, it was a normal and dy/dx = 2

ReputationRep:
    Anxiety in the exam messed me up... i was so ready for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noeyedeer)
    Anyone else struggling to get their exams finished in time?

Throughout GCSE its never been a problem, nor was it last year in AS, but throughout my A Level Physics and Maths exams this year, its been very difficult to get them finished on time. I had to leave 9c in this paper as i simply ran out of time

Other than that, the questions were okay, i feel confident i have done them correctly. Maybe its worth sacrificing a couple of marks for to make sure i dont **** up any of the other questions by rushing and making silly mistakes!
    I have the same problem as you. I take extremely long to finish and pretty much never have time to check my answers for mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get for the equation if the line? Was it normal or tangent? And what was your gradient?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Normal; y - 16 = -1/2(x-3) iirc

ReputationRep:
    omg Im actually so stupid at decimals looool, the turning point i put 0.160 something and didnt add bloody pi/4 wjgnlerkjgn i cant tell when decimals are smaller or bigger than other

ReputationRep:
    Mark scheme and working out to questions 3, 4, 6, 7 and 9

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jshep000)
    tan-1(3/4) =4x then I divided the answer by 4 and got something like 0.1609 as well
    you were meant to add pi onto that answer as 0.16 is out of the range

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callmesra)
    I got 2cosec4y is that not right then?:/
    Its 0.5 not 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benji12345)
    How did you actually do the solve part of the arcsin graph where it was like 3f(x+1)+pi or whatever?
    you dont use the graph
    3g(x+1) +pi = 0
    3arcsin(x + 1) = -pi
    arsin(x+1) = -pi/3
    x+1 = (sin-pi/3)
    x= -1 + sin(-pi/3) and simplify

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timelizard)
    goodbye to that A* I had hoped for
    Name:  Screenshot_2016-06-21-11-08-09-1.png
Views: 77
Size:  256.3 KBAttachment 554079554083 Thanks for the advert under my post tsr. The irony of this feels like a stake thru the heart
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuzuvela)
    Can someone PM me a link to the model answers when they are out I'm feeling very upset now. People say that they will miss out on Uni jokingly but unless I get full UMS in C4 then I genuinely have.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Seriously you might be surprised most of my friends missed the grades for their uni but all got in. Just relax and try your hardest for C4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christinasa)
    in 6b i have x+2y-31=0 i found y coordinate 14. Can you explain what i did wrong and how any marks i will lose?
    x=3 y=16

Gradient is -1/2

-1/2(x-3)=y-16

-1/2x + 3/2 = y-16

-x +3 = 2y-32

-x -2y + 35 = 0

x+2y-35=0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callmesra)
    I got 2cosec4y is that not right then?:/
    Nah because it's 1/2 on the bottom, 2cosec4y is actually = 1/cos2ysin2y (I think)
    made the same mistake in my C3 mock and wasn't gonna let it happen again lol
    Think it will only be -1 A mark so you're still all good

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone think that this year's grade boundary will be lower than last years? or else i really won't get an A...?
    last years was 59 for an A, which is pretty low, but some people said this year was harder than 2015.. so praying it is

ReputationRep:
    if anyone has an honest prediction for boundaries please post

ReputationRep:
    might write a MS from memory, if anyone remembers any questions let me know

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an unofficial mark scheme? That exam was brutal

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Normal, I got y = -x/2 + 35/2

ReputationRep:
    Do we have a C3 poll?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.