Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel Core 3 - 21st June 2016 AM Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celecia01)
    You sure? I'm pretty sure I read it as wanting y=f(x), could be wrong
    you are wrong

ReputationRep:
    Wait guys for the dosage question, did we have to give it to a certain accuracy??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshuaKader97)
    Thanks so much for this, you're a life saver. I got everything that you got besides 9c where I was so baffed. I'm actually a retake student and got an A last year and only need to redo C3 to get an A*, but how was the M1?
    It wasn't my markscheme - I didn't do as well as that, all credit for it goes to the name on the thread, I just found it!

I did M1 this year and thought it was okay - hopefully got a solid A in it.
    Although was aiming for an A had potential to reach for an A*, but don't think that will be the case after that C3 exam!

How did you think this years C3 compared to last years?

(Original post by edothero)
    No form, agree with your answer
    This has erupted into a big polarising topic on this thread lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yua)
    you are wrong
    Really thought I'd read it as that, oh well doesn't matter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Pedro K.)
    Wait guys for the dosage question, did we have to give it to a certain accuracy??
    Only the show that (3dp), otherwise no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricPiphany)
    This has erupted into a big polarising topic on this thread lol.
    I would stay away from TSR for the time being; until kprime uploads model answers tomorrow. Loads of people confusing not only others, but themselves too :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjlh)
    Only the show that (3dp), otherwise no
    Oh siiiiek that means I didn't lose any marks on the first part yay

ReputationRep:
    *** ... For the Rcos question I put -26.57 for alpha for some odd reason .. maybe be I though -sinx and thought -1 or some **** .. idk I was half asleep ... how many marks would I lose as it effects the entire question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Pedro K.)
    Oh siiiiek that means I didn't lose any marks on the first part yay
    They almost always say awrt (answers which round to) on the mark scheme for decimals anyways haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjlh)
    They almost always say awrt (answers which round to) on the mark scheme for decimals anyways haha
    yeah haha !

ReputationRep:
    Anyone reckon 73/75 is +95 UMS?

ReputationRep:
    How many working marks do you think i would get on Q2b.) for finding a range using an incorrect dy/dx found in part a? and how many marks would i loose on question 9c.) for leaving as T= -5ln(1/2/(1+e^-1))

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pyslocke)
    Lol almost definitely..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pyslocke)

ReputationRep:
    How many marks will I lose for the 6 marker question in question 8b?
    I did everything right up to the part where I did my complete the square wrong (i put a + instead of a -).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by us3r12345us3r)
    How many working marks do you think i would get on Q2b.) for finding a range using an incorrect dy/dx found in part a? and how many marks would i loose on question 9c.) for leaving as T= -5ln(1/2/(1+e^-1))
    Probably one method mark depending on how you did it.

Probably lose 1, perhaps 2.

ReputationRep:
    guys and girls,

For the last part of question 9 I made a sign error and put -5ln(...) instead of 5ln(...)

The inside of my bracket was correct it seems, how many marks out of 4 do you think I would get for that?

I felt challenging paper, but for the top students it wouldn't have been as hard as people make it up to be, leading me to believe 72-75 for full ums, it tested time management as well as a variety of aspects that haven't come up in a while.

ReputationRep:
    For the sketch arcsin(x) question, I sketched it correctly; however, I sketch as what would be a reflection in the y-axis, so it would have been of the form f(-x). Do you think i've lost one mark or two despite getting the general shape correct?
    Pls help!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samwray)
    What I'm wondering is the algebraic long division: somehow ****ed it up and am thinking I probably got 2 out of four marks in it. As I didn't really have time to go over it again I just used that answer, differentiated it, subbed in a value of x and got an equation of the normal with it. This answer will obviously be wrong because part a) is wrong but how much will that impact on part b) (part b) is six marks). I'm thinking maybe I at a push get 3 out of the 6 marks - maybe more, maybe less?
    i did that aswell, messed up the long division so got a weird equation, part a was 4 marks, part b 5 marks. i think we get 2 method marks for each part so in total we lose 5 marks. this is my opinion though so i can easily be wrong

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.