Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel Core 3 - 21st June 2016 AM Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    how much for 100ums?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sapereaude54)
    For the sketch arcsin(x) question, I sketched it correctly; however, I sketch as what would be a reflection in the y-axis, so it would have been of the form f(-x). Do you think i've lost one mark or two despite getting the general shape correct?
    Pls help!!
    I imagine you'll get a maximum of 1 mark. How many was it in total?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yua)
    how much for 100ums?
    74? 73 at a push

ReputationRep:
    Anyone willing to help a brother out ? ..." *** ... For the Rcos question I put -26.57 for alpha for some odd reason .. maybe be I though -sinx and thought -1 or some **** .. idk I was half asleep ... how many marks would I lose as it effects the entire question."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMathsMan)
    Anyone willing to help a brother out ? ..." *** ... For the Rcos question I put -26.57 for alpha for some odd reason .. maybe be I though -sinx and thought -1 or some **** .. idk I was half asleep ... how many marks would I lose as it effects the entire question."
    Not entirely sure but probably a lot I would guess. Sorry mate

ReputationRep:
    think i got 64 marks and i neeeeed 90 ums because i resat this exam from last year and i got 90 ums in core 4. im wanting to go to durham but part of the requirement is a* in maths. im so annoyed with myself for doing so many stupid mistakes..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mk_98)
    What did everyone get for the value of k (asymptote) on the graph. I got 21
    as x tends to infinity, 4e^2x tends to zero, so you get mod of -25 being k, which is 25.

ReputationRep:
    For Question 8:

2 (1 - tan^2x) / 2tanx ) + tanx

= 1/tanx - (tan^2x / tanx) + tanx/1

= 1/tanx - (tan^2x / tanx) + tan^2x/tanx

=1/tanx + 0

= cot x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjlh)
    Lol almost definitely..
    Yeah I know it sounds like a stupid question xD. But it has to be 95 and not 93/94. Last year it was 68/75 for 95 so hopefully...

ReputationRep:
    Does Arsey still post an unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maxoman)
    think i got 64 marks and i neeeeed 90 ums because i resat this exam from last year and i got 90 ums in core 4. im wanting to go to durham but part of the requirement is a* in maths. im so annoyed with myself for doing so many stupid mistakes..
    Gonna have to do another year then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazymonkey007)
    For Question 8:

2 (1 - tan^2x) / 2tanx ) + tanx

= 1/tanx - (tan^2x / tanx) + tanx/1

= 1/tanx - (tan^2x / tanx) + tan^2x/tanx

=1/tanx + 0

= cot x
    That's what I did. Very simple proof

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishs003)
    It wasn't my markscheme - I didn't do as well as that, all credit for it goes to the name on the thread, I just found it!

I did M1 this year and thought it was okay - hopefully got a solid A in it.
    Although was aiming for an A had potential to reach for an A*, but don't think that will be the case after that C3 exam!

How did you think this years C3 compared to last years?
    I think that it definitely pulled out more stops than last year, like that arcsin(x) graph never comes up and with exponential's that dosage has only ever come up once I think. So in that sense it was a bit more obscure than last year and I should expect the grade boundaries to be even lower, if not then the same.

Don't worry about the A*, you can still definitely get it by getting a really good mark in C4. Make sure that you've done most Gold papers and only do C4 past papers that are post 2011 as those are much more representative to what you're going to get this year.

Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Durham is my top choice! I need A*AA for Industrial Chemistry so I'm praying all the rest of my exams go decently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veronica1297)
    Durham is my top choice! I need A*AA for Industrial Chemistry so I'm praying all the rest of my exams go decently
    how did you do in core 3?

ReputationRep:
    anyone reckon the grade boundaries would be reli similar to last year's coz the length is almost the same and i think tdy's paper's slightly harder than last year's...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMathsMan)
    *** ... For the Rcos question I put -26.57 for alpha for some odd reason .. maybe be I though -sinx and thought -1 or some **** .. idk I was half asleep ... how many marks would I lose as it effects the entire question.
    Unlucky man, I did the exact same thing and worked out a negative alpha and then I asked myself 'wtf am I doing?'.

ReputationRep:
    how did you do in core 3?
    I think I did alright, definitely not as well as I had hoped. Probably a low A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veronica1297)
    Does Arsey still post an unofficial mark scheme?
    no, he's been asked by edexcel not to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshuaKader97)
    I think that it definitely pulled out more stops than last year, like that arcsin(x) graph never comes up and with exponential's that dosage has only ever come up once I think. So in that sense it was a bit more obscure than last year and I should expect the grade boundaries to be even lower, if not then the same.

Don't worry about the A*, you can still definitely get it by getting a really good mark in C4. Make sure that you've done most Gold papers and only do C4 past papers that are post 2011 as those are much more representative to what you're going to get this year.

Good luck!!
    You need 90UMS in core 3...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.