Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Medicine offer holders 2016 Watch

• View Poll Results: Where have you received an offer so far?
    UCL
    8.60%
    Keele
    2.15%
    Imperial
    10.75%
    Leicester
    1.08%
    HYMS
    9.68%
    Sheffield
    3.23%
    Manchester
    16.13%
    UEA
    7.53%
    Newcastle
    6.45%
    Kings
    15.05%
    Leeds
    3.23%
    Liverpool
    2.15%
    Barts
    6.45%
    Birmingham
    5.38%
    Brighton
    6.45%
    Other (mention in comments)
    27.96%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinka99)
    I think an A/A* would be possible if I motivate myself actually put more effort in and do some real revision. What GCSE grades did you get? I really want to do Psychology and was worried about it being viewed as less academic but guessing it does not matter as much as long as I have the three Sciences with it.
    If you feel as though you can do it then definitely go for it, the higher the grade you get the better! I got 14A*s at GCSE and I am doing Biology, Chemistry and English Language at A Level. Just stay focused through your GCSEs- it's a hard few months but it will definitely be worth it on results day and even more so when you start getting medicine offers. Psychology is a brilliant choice for a third subject, and there is a lot of content in A2 Biology which links with Psychology so that may help you there too! If you want anymore advice feel free to private message me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't plan on Cambridge anyway. What GCSE grades did you get? Just want to see what sort of grades get you into Medicine. I am 100% taking Psychology now had enough of the horrors of Maths. Would you say replacing Physics with History is a good idea?
    As long as you have biology and chemistry for most medical schools you shall be fine.

I applied to med school this year and had one interview
    With Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and (sociology) as an AS
    The fact that I got an A in those AS's makes me a more competitive applicant than those with Bs and Cs in maths and physics.
    If you have A in bio and chem
    Third subject can be anything excluding critical thinking, EPQ, General studies, and applied a levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by genevievelaw)
    Have an offer from Cardiff (don't know grades) and BSMS (AAA), my last interview is next week at Imperial
    Hey when was your BSMS interview???? 🙂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spiritless98)
    As long as you have biology and chemistry for most medical schools you shall be fine.

I applied to med school this year and had one interview
    With Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and (sociology) as an AS
    The fact that I got an A in those AS's makes me a more competitive applicant than those with Bs and Cs in maths and physics.
    If you have A in bio and chem
    Third subject can be anything excluding critical thinking, EPQ, General studies, and applied a levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you for your help it was very helpful in helping me to decide. I think I will stick with Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Psychology.

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer from Cardiff also :-D

Still waiting to hear back from Keele however :-( I know quite a few people who have already heard back and have received rejections so it must be a good sign right?? (just trying to think positively)

ReputationRep:
    What A levels did you guys take for Medicine? I plan on taking Biology, Chemistry, Physics and History or Psychology. I prefer Psychology more. I really dislike Maths but I am worried I would be at a disadvantage to applicants who have A level Maths. Can I get into any of these top Universities without Maths or would it be unrealistic of me? I am a B/C student with GCSE Maths and really don't think I can handle a A level in it, whereas with the Sciences I am predicted three A's.
    I know someone in my year who got 3 A's in Biology Chemistry and Geography and got into Southampton for Medicine so it is definitely doable as long as you interview well and have good relevant work experience :-)

ReputationRep:
    To the people that have voted that they have received offers from HYMS, are you international/home/undergrad/grad?
    Nervously waiting for my decision here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hp1994)
    Had interviews at Bristol, HYMS, Nottingham and Edinburgh, but no replies yet...
    I thought Edinburgh didn't do interviews?
    Or are you applying postgrad?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here been offered a place by a Scottish university yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benziiii7)
    I thought Edinburgh didn't do interviews?
    Or are you applying postgrad?
    I think this is the first year they have started doing interviews!

ReputationRep:
    I got offers from Kings and UEA yesterday!

ReputationRep:
    Have an offer from St Georges but waiting to hear back post-interview decisions from Barts, Manchester and Leicester

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kdizzle97)
    Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kdizzle97)
    Woow, well done! Which would you prefer to go to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurenCocking)
    Congrats!
    Thank you! Good luck with your choices

(Original post by ToLiveInADream)
    Woow, well done! Which would you prefer to go to?
    Thank you! I'm not sure haha, I've booked the offer holders day to see which uni/course I prefer. Good luck with your choices!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by account #198 )
    Hey when was your BSMS interview???? 🙂
    13th Jan

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure? They said they only interviewed postgrads or to discuss special circumstances at the open day. And I know quite a few people who haven't heard anything yet and weren't invited to inter

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from Manchester last night! I'm so happy/relieved!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurenCocking)
    I got an offer from Manchester last night! I'm so happy/relieved!
    Congrats! Is it your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Timewilltellu)
    Congrats! Is it your first choice?
    I tried not to give myself a first choice just incase I didn't get a choice of offers, but I'm so happy, I love all the med schools I applied to!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.