Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Accent nail - why on gods earth do women do this? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I'd probably run in front of a bus if I got this worked up about small things. I'm so sorry OP! You have a lot of negativity inside you

(Original post by Josb)
    What is a French manicure?
    Manicure done by a French person

I do my own nails ^.^

ReputationRep:
    I had to Google it, never seen it before.

fail to see how it's such a burden to your life you needed to post an over the top thread about it.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Do not care/10.

ReputationRep:
    Eh I don't do this persay, but I do mix and match colours now and again, for example the nails on my left hand current are white and those on my right hand are black, and sometimes I do things such as get too matching colours and do one nail one colour and the other a different colour and continue like that with the two different nail varnishes. It makes me happy, my friends think it is awesome so that's about all that matters to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abruiseonthesky)
    Because most women don't base their nail designs on what men think about them?
    hahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahhah ahahahahahah

yeah right

you kill me

ReputationRep:
    I do one pattern repeated on all of my nails or leave it plain. I did do accent nails on my thumb once but only because I cba to do the same design again 8 times. Honestly I don't get this one. It seems lazy. It doesn't look that great either.
    It's not my call though, people can do what they want.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, you care enough about it to make a thread on it? Why does it even matter

I sometimes paint two nails a different colour, how shocking :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Actually, the reason why most women use makeup and nail stuff is because they feel ashamed about how they look and think they need to use powders and creams to draw attention away from/hide features that they don't like. They use it to try and portray a better "image" of themselves to other people because they are paranoid about what others think of them.
    When did I disagree with that? (I do disagree with it, but where did I say that originally?)

I've never painted tiger stripes on my nails and thought 'ooh this is gonna get the LADZ'. I thought 'is it dry enough that I can bloody go to bed?'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Das Ich Man)
    hahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahhah ahahahahahah

yeah right

you kill me
    I'm wearing 5 different colours atm. I didn't do that because I thought 'wow this is gonna get bare manz'. I did it because I thought 'I could do with cheering up, let's do bright nails'. I ain't gonna stop painting my nails with an accent, or wearing winged eyeliner, or get rid of some piercings because a man doesn't like it. I'll wear them until I find a man who likes them or doesn't care because, guess what, a person is more than their nail varnish.

I paint my nails because I like the look of it, and I like whatever I decide to put on them, and it makes me feel more confident in myself and adds a bit of colour to my all-black outfit. I don't paint my nails because the guy I'm seeing likes it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apollyon*)
    The thing Is whenever I see a woman with an accent nail now I just think "what a sheep".

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Whereas I think 'good for her, she's doing something that makes her feel good'.

Or at least I would if it were a big enough thing for me to care about.

ReputationRep:
    I'm wearing 5 different colours atm. I didn't do that because I thought 'wow this is gonna get bare manz'. I did it because I thought 'I could do with cheering up, let's do bright nails'. I ain't gonna stop painting my nails with an accent, or wearing winged eyeliner, or get rid of some piercings because a man doesn't like it. I'll wear them until I find a man who likes them or doesn't care because, guess what, a person is more than their nail varnish.
    You are not most women though are you? Mrs I study in Germany. Look at the sale of Fifty Shades of Grey - Lots of women want a man to tie them down, that's literally there only ambition in life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Das Ich Man)
    You are not most women though are you? Mrs I study in Germany. Look at the sale of Fifty Shades of Grey - Lots of women want a man to tie them down, that's literally there only ambition in life.
    Just added something to my original post:
    I paint my nails because I like the look of it, and I like whatever I decide to put on them, and it makes me feel more confident in myself and adds a bit of colour to my all-black outfit. I don't paint my nails because the guy I'm seeing likes it.

Oh yeah because we are all ruled by our ovaries. Totally. I can't get through a single day without walking down the street and begging someone to take me home and tie me to their bed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    What is a French manicure?
    Traditionally nude/pale pink with white tips but you can do it with other colours.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah accent nails do not appeal to me, same goes for those claws that are in and French manicures. I think a nice plain red, burgandy, nude or light pink shellac looks best. But OP why are you so angry? :lol: They're only nails; if people think they look good then so be it.

ReputationRep:
    When did I disagree with that? (I do disagree with it, but where did I say that originally?)

I've never painted tiger stripes on my nails and thought 'ooh this is gonna get the LADZ'. I thought 'is it dry enough that I can bloody go to bed?'
    Woah there, don't go getting so touchy! I wasn't referring to you in particular...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.