Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Speaker's Statement: TSR National Liberal Party Watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    Do we even have by-elections?
    We should but some MP's just don't like them, some MP's would lose out because they are lazy and then some MP's (mainly on the left) adopt a 'solidarity and kindness' mentality to being pretty lax with the net result being that it's unlikely a further amendment to close loopholes would pass.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Pretty sure there should be opportunities before the GE for by elections

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The next voting review will be start of Feb, there can't be a by-election there. Then the next one is mid March, by the end of a by-election tgen parliament would likely only be open another 2 weeks, maybe even just one. That makes a by-election at that point highly unlikely and pointless.

ReputationRep:
    With the D'Hondt voting system we use and the voting review system, by-elections are rare. So I look forward to debating with this new party at the time of the next general election campaign, or in the bar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    I'll be interested to see which (distinct) colour the party opts for.
    Our colours can be found in my signature

(Original post by DMcGovern)
    #NatLibs

I don't think you posted once in our 30 page thread so I look forward to hearing your actual arguments about our policies

(Original post by DMcGovern)
    Of course he did.

In the course of two years Soviet power in one of the most backward countries of Europe did more to emancipate women and to make their status equal to that of the "strong" sex than all the advanced, enlightened, "democratic" republics of the world did in the course of 130 years.
    See graphic above
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    The next voting review will be start of Feb, there can't be a by-election there. Then the next one is mid March, by the end of a by-election tgen parliament would likely only be open another 2 weeks, maybe even just one. That makes a by-election at that point highly unlikely and pointless.
    Parliament closes at the end of April.

(Original post by a noble chance)
    Our colours can be found in my signature
    So when we make GE result graphics what colour will be use for the Nat Libs given that shade of blue and red are taken?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    The next voting review should have already gone by, and on what basis can there not be any by elections after the next, do you know for certain that the danger seats WILL be secured?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Parliament closes at the end of April.

So when we make GE result graphics what colour will be use for the Nat Libs given that shade of blue and red are taken?
    Not sure yet. Possibly pink, aqua, black or a red/blue mix if possible.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a noble chance)
    I don't think you posted once in our 30 page thread so I look forward to hearing your actual arguments about our policies
    They managed 3 posts.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    The next voting review should have already gone by, and on what basis can there not be any by elections after the next, do you know for certain that the danger seats WILL be secured?
    I understand that Ray is starting afresh.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As fez said Ray has decided to re-set the reviews.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I understand that Ray is starting afresh.
    I swear, first Birch and now Ray never getting them done on time, barely worth having the voting reviews.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to the National Liberal Party, I hope we can work together when we need to but debate.....a lot.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    It is good to see a new addition to the House. I look forward to seeing the contribution the National Liberals will make moving forward.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.