Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HELP ME Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I recently did my AS level mocks (straight after Christmas) and didn't do as well as I'd hoped in physics. I am doing the new AQA specification, where my AS grade won't actually count towards my final grade. I have been achieving mainly As in the end of unit tests we've completed, and a couple of Bs. I revised by trying to learn the syllabus, and I did put in a lot of work even though it was Christmas. I have just been told I achieved a D (2 marks off a C). I'm devastated, I always thought I was 'alright' at physics. Is there any hope for me getting an A/B grade this summer and if so how?? Any revision websites or techniques would be welcomed.

In short can I improve my mock grade from a D to an A/B in the summer?? And if so how??

Thank you xx

ReputationRep:
    Tips of any sort would be so useful to me x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hello1232123)
    I recently did my AS level mocks (straight after Christmas) and didn't do as well as I'd hoped in physics. I am doing the new AQA specification, where my AS grade won't actually count towards my final grade. I have been achieving mainly As in the end of unit tests we've completed, and a couple of Bs. I revised by trying to learn the syllabus, and I did put in a lot of work even though it was Christmas. I have just been told I achieved a D (2 marks off a C). I'm devastated, I always thought I was 'alright' at physics. Is there any hope for me getting an A/B grade this summer and if so how?? Any revision websites or techniques would be welcomed.

In short can I improve my mock grade from a D to an A/B in the summer?? And if so how??

Thank you xx
    haha i had very similar problems but later on got scored an A*. What you need to do is, get help from an awesome teacher who could work on your concepts and then on your paper solving techniques. I'll inbox you a link which i used for this purpose and that kinda saved my life! All the best!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.