Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

First world problems - the definitive collection Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goaded)
    this is a true story

my sister dropped her iphone onto her ipad which then fell onto her macbook and cracked all three

first world probs lols
    That is actually pretty terrible tbf. Expensive tech breaking is a big deal!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    That is actually pretty terrible tbf. Expensive tech breaking is a big deal!
    she doesn't even need that stuff.

ReputationRep:
    this is a true story

my sister dropped her iphone onto her ipad which then fell onto her macbook and cracked all three

first world probs lols
    :rofl:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anytime:))
    Why didn't you take it?
    Because I had already bought a ticket on the platform (I made the train by about a minute, if that!) and I wasn't going to spend another £15 on first class!

However, if I had not been able to get my ticket (like the person who was behind me in the queue), I would have definitely paid for the First Class upgrade :yep:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    this is a true story

first world probs lols
    Hope she had insurance on those gadgets, otherwise she'd be looking at an expensive repair bill! :sadnod:

(Original post by Anytime:))
    Yes, but you have to pay a very expensive penalty fare a lot of the time!

Another first world problem: a bus is late just when you need it but when you don't need it, when you are just walking past a bus stop, the bus arrives on time. :rolleyes:
    Really? I've never been charged a penalty fare and I've bought my ticket on the train quite a few times.

I don't know about your station, but the station near my house is quite a small one so sometimes, the ticket office will be shut and we have to buy on the train, anyway.

It might be an area thing, though, because a conductor on the train to Manchester told me off for it once.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Weird Al Yankovic: First World Problems...

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you really are oversensitive

ReputationRep:
    Failing your assignment by 2 marks

Not being a confident person

ReputationRep:
    When you have no Internet signal

ReputationRep:
    Millions of suicides, homeless people, terminal illness, homicide, poverty etc.

What sort of fkin little leafy suburban bubble does someone live in that they think the only problems in the first world are some trivial things?

Or is it supposed to be problems that only exist in the first world?... Still wrong as there are no problems that are exclusive to the first world and
    In just about every nation on earth people have experienced any problem that people in the first world have.

Is someone saying it is offensive because it is insensitive to the problems in the third world? If so you have to be fkn kidding me, yea... i could expect that sort of incredible pathetic ignorance and stupidity from something like the guardian.
    As if it is not more offensive to the dying, homeless, starving and relatives of the dead and murdered in the first world.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    - Can't hear the TV when I open my packet of crisps!
    - Can't open the crisps, because my fingers are greasy from the first packet!
    (Can you spot a theme here?)
    (Original post by Anytime)
    Being trapped in a fridge and you have conveniently left your mobile phone outside the fridge
    And this has happened to you when.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ACJHealy)
    zzzzzz bore
    oh, sry. well, i was going to sort out all these boxes of sht but then i got high and am just wasting time on internet past 2-3 hours and these old people next door have been fkn each other the whole time on and off like goes for 20 mins then stops for 20 min then goes 20 mins again, i had no idea old people could go like that, i can hear like some clammy slapping while it is going on, maybe it is just his waist hitting her thighs or something but it sounds alot like spanking, it's all pretty annoying and i can't sort out these boxes of sht everytime i get near being arsed i just roll another smoke.

though i imagine ppl have been in exact same situation in the second and third world.
    did that do?

(Original post by 04MR17)
    (Can you spot a theme here?)And this has happened to you when.
    people outside the first world don't have tvs and packets of crisps? did you just time travel forwards from the mid 1900s or something?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:

(Original post by ACJHealy)
    Can't say I've experienced those, sounds more like a 2nd world problem..
    Oh! Shots fired!
    (Original post by tibis xiv)
    Millions of suicides, homeless people, terminal illness, homicide, poverty etc. What sort of fkin little leafy suburban bubble does someone live in that they think the only problems in the first world are some trivial things? Or is it supposed to be problems that only exist in the first world?... Still wrong as there are no problems that are exclusive to the first world and
    In just about every nation on earth people have experienced any problem that people in the first world have. Is someone saying it is offensive because it is insensitive to the problems in the third world? If so you have to be fkn kidding me, yea... i could expect that sort of incredible pathetic ignorance and stupidity from something like the guardian. As if it is not more offensive to the dying, homeless, starving and relatives of the dead and murdered in the first world.
    Yes and I'm sure developing countries would offend at being called the third world as well but nobody's complained about that so far! May I remind you that the point of this thread is for us to amuse ourselves with how trivial some of our petty problems are. The key word there being amuse, i.e. enjoyment: you should try it sometime.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    People outside the first world don't have TVs and packets of crisps? Did you just time travel forwards from the mid 1900s or something?
    No, people outside the first world do not complain about:
    It's not that they don't have them. It's that they are more grateful.

ReputationRep:
    When your hands are too big to stick down the pringles tube

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    (Can you spot a theme here?)And this has happened to you when.
    Being creeped out by the look of somebody's avatar on a forum.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    First of all, I don't appreciate expletives. Furthermore, insulting me is going to get you nowhere in this discussion.
    You're saying that people outside the first world don't have petty problems?
    No, I saying that they are more trivial than others.
    Complete fkin nonsense you silly child.
    At least I'm not rude.
    Not only do large fractions of people outside the first world have decent living standards but many are very rich and even the poorest people in the most undeveloped nations in the world have petty problems.
    Well done, you can list facts. I have not said anything to disagree with that and so whilst it seems lovely for you to impart your divine wisdom I cannot help but wonder why?
    WTF r u talking about??
    First world problems (it's in the thread title)
    complete fkn surreal nonsense dogsht. meaningless dellusional dog sht.
    I love you too.
    You're saying that there aren't any people in the first world who aren't bothered by petty problems?
    I have said nothing of the sort.
    You think that many people who just left the hospital from being diagnosed as terminally ill or their friend or family member dying are bothered about a petty problem?
    Again, I fail to see the relevance of the question.
    You utter nincompoop.
    You're welcome.
    You think that someone who is among the poorest in the most undeveloped third world nation isn't often bothered by a silly little petty problem?
    Again, developing, not third world. If you're going to pretend that you know more than me, at least have the decency to use the correct terminology.
    did your mother drop you on your head?
    I hardly think that is a first world problem.
    Based on what are all people outside the first world more grateful?
    Comparatively, in general I would say so yes. It's a matter of opinion.I respect any disagreement you may have of that as you should do likewise.
    u fkn ignorant moron.
    You really do have a way with words don't you? (even though some of those aren't words)
    You think billionaires and kings outside the first world aren't a lot less grateful than virtually anyone in the first world?
    Again, nothing to do with my point.
    ?? lol drink bleach you waste of air.
    I'm alright thank you, from what I've heard it doesn't taste very nice; plus, I not air. I'm flesh and blood. (there's a difference (I know!))
    You think that many terminally ill or abused people or homeless or secret slaves in the first world aren't far more grateful than hundreds of millions of people who live outside the first world and live a life of relative luxury?
    Again, generics not exceptions.
    the hundreds of millions of people in the second world who have a nice house and a car and a good job etc?
    Are what? Sorry. I think I'm going blind because I can't see a POINT.
    you complete utter moron lol.
    I also fail to see how the first half of the sentence is funny but at least you're attempting the phenomenon of humour (to you it seems anyway)
    did you even give one moment to think about the nonsense, idiotic, ignorant, garbage fkn crap you were typing?
    Yes, because believe it or not (try) I have a brain. And a brain thinks. And without a brain, this would not have been typed. So by default, I did think about it yes. Is it me? Or is that obvious?
    it's not first world problems.
    Sorry, what isn't? You? Yes, I'd agree. You're more a pest than a problem.
    it is rich kid, left wing, poncy little leafy suburbia middle class twit with a picture of nelson mandela problems.
    To be brutally honest with you. I've never encountered any of the problems that I posted. I just put 'first world problems' into google images, and included the funniest ones that came up (to me).
    that's why they name it 'first world problems' because they don't have a fkn clue about life and are caught up their twisted, ignorant view of the world.
    Sorry, who's they. I'm not Gollum, there is not two of me/us
    the problems of everyone in the first world are trivial?
    Again, misquoting. Some of the petty problems appear more trivial to many citizens of the first world, compared to otherwise.
    ok, next time i see my schoolfriends who grew up to be crack whores selling their body on manor road every other night and can't properly look after their kid i'll let them know that their problems are just silly little things that are amusing.
    If you wish to do that then by all means. However, I would advise against it before you end up looking uglier Osama Bin Laden after a sex change.
    when i next see parents of boys i knew that were stabbed and shot to death i'll let them know their depression and empty life is just a silly little amusing problem.
    Now, at what point did I mention death as petty?
    when i go out and walk past all those dozens of freezing, starving, homeless junkies on my road i'll let them know they only have amusing little silly problems u fkn prck.
    Again, pretty dangerous but I won't stop you. Have a nice day/
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ihates95)
    Being creeped out by the look of somebody's avatar on a forum.
    You find Nelson Mandela creepy?

ReputationRep:
    Can't access your online banking to put funds into your account to buy something and you've only got a few minutes before the bus arrives.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.