Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What percentage of people who are discharged from psychiatric units believe in God co Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Compared to the general population?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I feel like your threads about God are starting to get a bit obsessive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    Init though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mate:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    why don't you ask next time you are sectioned ?

ReputationRep:
    I know you're a troll but this an interesting question actually. And incidentally, I was reading an article yesterday that featured a study in America that compared mental health treatment in people who believed in God or were religious and those that lacked said belief(s). The peer-reviewed study found that believing in God was strongly correlated with improved response to treatments and a faster reduction in disorders like depression.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    why don't you ask next time you are sectioned ?
    Will do

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny McCoyne)
    I know you're a troll but this an interesting question actually. And incidentally, I was reading an article yesterday that featured a study in America that compared mental health treatment in people who believed in God or were religious and those that lacked said belief(s). The peer-reviewed study found that believing in God was strongly correlated with improved response to treatments and a faster reduction in disorders like depression.
    Define troll.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Name:  V1.png
Views: 29
Size:  156.2 KB

I've known people facing mental health problems to turn to God, yes - it's no different to turning to God in other times of need. When you're in distress, you want to have faith things will be okay and some find that in religion - if that helps that person on their path to recovery, I can't see how that's anything but a good thing.

However - I know people who have been discharged from mental health units (or have faced mental health problems but not been admitted) who aren't particularly religious, myself included. Different ways work for different people.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Leviathan1741)
    I agree.

With all due respect, I don't understand the need to force athiesm onto people - if someone is happy, what does it matter to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acupofgreentea)
    I agree.

With all due respect, I don't understand the need to force athiesm onto people - if someone is happy, what does it matter to you?
    How much green tea do you drink per day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by davidguettafan)
    How much green tea do you drink per day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Depends. I tend to drink green tea in much the same way another person may drink traditional tea, so I drink quite a bit. Why?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.