Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Lonely with my anxiety Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've had really bad anxiety for a long time now and I'm really struggling ATM.
    My friends know about it but never bring it up and dont seem to understand (which is totally OK I don't expect them to) but I feel really lost and like I have no support.
    I'm not sure what to do about this but its really getting ne down because every single day I'm so anxious and I feel like no one cares.
    What can ido?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Have you approached your GP about this? Going to your GP, or alternatively to a mental health charity like your local branch of the charity Mind, might be your best bet of accessing services (if necessary).

It's no substitute for a doctor or IRL friends but in this section of TSR there is a Mental Health Support Society! Do check it out - that way at least you're connecting (albeit only via the Internet) with people who will understand and care

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missytwinpeaks)
    My friends know about it but never bring it up and dont seem to understand (which is totally OK I don't expect them to) but I feel really lost and like I have no support.
    I'm not sure what to do about this but its really getting ne down because every single day I'm so anxious and I feel like no one cares.
    What can ido?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    maybe talk to your friends about it- let them know exactly how you feel- I'm sure they would want to help u but they're not sure how to just yet

ReputationRep:
    Be open about it! Take your bestie to the side andtell them whats going on. Dont be afraid to talk to your parents and your GP. There's no shame in it.

ReputationRep:
    Go and see your GP, they can help you, if you just keep it to yourself it'll get worse.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, like the people above have said, it's best if you express your feelings to someone who cares, and directly. It'll make you feel so much better and as though a big weight has been lifted off your chest.

Remember that anxiety isn't who you are, it's an illusion that only you can conquer and triumph.

ReputationRep:
    What can ido?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You should perhaps visit a doctor if they are not greedily on strike.

ReputationRep:
    What can ido?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You don't have to feel alone; I'm sure lots of people care about you, like your family and your friends. I have social anxiety and I sometimes feel like people don't understand, but when I actually talk to people I feel like they might understand more than I think. You should try talking to your GP about it and they might refer you to get counselling or to go to a support group where you can meet people who are going through the same thing as you and understand how you feel.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 1970
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.