The Student Room Group

Change from college offer to open offer?

I recently got an offer from Wadham college but over the past few weeks I have become very worried about its reputation and fitting in there. Is it possible to change to having an open offer so as to be assigned elsewhere?
I doubt it's possible. Why are you worried about Wadham?!?! I've only ever heard good things :biggrin:
Original post by tobiasgranger
I recently got an offer from Wadham college but over the past few weeks I have become very worried about its reputation and fitting in there. Is it possible to change to having an open offer so as to be assigned elsewhere?

Doubtful. It's only given to "a small number of candidates". And it's not by request.

I'm very doubtful - the colleges generally don't like people switching around unless there's an absolute need to. What exactly worries you about Wadham? My friends who went to Wadham had a great time.

I really doubt it. I don't know why you're worried about fitting in but it's very unlikely to be a problem. As the mantra goes, everyone always ends up being perfectly happy with their colleges and the similarities are bigger than the differences. If it's Wadham's "lefty" attitude that you're worried about, there will be a mix of people in all colleges. It is not hippy-town.
Original post by Plagioclase
I really doubt it. I don't know why you're worried about fitting in but it's very unlikely to be a problem. As the mantra goes, everyone always ends up being perfectly happy with their colleges and the similarities are bigger than the differences. If it's Wadham's "lefty" attitude that you're worried about, there will be a mix of people in all colleges. It is not hippy-town.

Eh I would say the vast majority of people will end up happy with their colleges, regardless of whether it was their first choice or not. However, from my experience, there are some who are unhappy with their colleges overall, for a variety of reasons.

That said, if anyone is in that sort of position, you can always focus on socializing at university level instead.
You're overly worried. No doubt its a silly stereotype you're basing your opinions on. It will be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest