Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

People of immigrant descent, what do you think about the refugees? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm not talking to those with a wholly European ancestory those who are of immigrant descent themselves, what do you make of the migrant crisis, seeing it could have been you..

ReputationRep:
    let me get this straight, you can't be an immigrant if you're from Europe?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    If they genuinely need help and a better quality of life then why not, it's a natural human trait to want those things. i dont agree with those ''refugees'' who -once here- go around and demand for things immediately and harrass people (as i have heard), those who have decided to take advantage of the welfare system are banes as well. A country can only provide so much in little time.

ReputationRep:
    dey tuk er jerrrbs

ReputationRep:
    My closet friends are refugees from your country OP, growing up I know a few refugees, there a bit rough but they dont trouble me

ReputationRep:
    I see both sides of the coin, I mean look at what they did to Germany. The humanitarian thing to do would be to let them in, but obviously doing so creates issues.

ReputationRep:
    As a literal immigrant (and a child of an immigrant), I feel for the refugees because of their conditions back home but I can't see why they should come here and not the first safe place they arrive. I also don't believe there is any connection between immigrant status and what I should think of refugees, just because me and a refugee were both not born here does not mean we share any connection that would make me feel for them more than I would for any human in a bad place.

ReputationRep:
    I say keep em out.. they bring no value to the country, we got our own issues.. some of them are obviously extremists themselves and it will cause more harm than good. My grandparents came here as skilled workers to help build the country backup after the war.. my family have paid into the system for years.. wtf do these people have to offer? They hate England anyway.. they should stay and fight for their country instead of letting the bullies win. Tbh IS already said they are sending refugees in to do their work yet government let em in anyway.. some times I feel like this is one big agenda to create world order.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im split, a lot of my friends are refugees/immigrants from war torn countries (primarly Afghanistan) but I swear it none of them are religious as you think they'd be, most of them are just normal thinking about gym and girls, I wouldn't say they're all bad

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.