Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

#goals Watch

Announcements
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    What people really mean when they say "relationship goals"...

Hello! It's me, Picasso. I will paint my words of love with your name on every wall.

Weird opening? Check.

Hi! My name is Sean. It has come to my attention that I will be 20 in 7 months. Eek, 20. Where do all the years go... :moon:

I've decided that I'm going to finish these last few months in style and improve myself a bit in a few ways, and I'll make a blog to hopefully motivate myself and follow through with things. Hopefully it'll be like Webcameron, but I won't have to end up removing everything. :rofl: and you get to see my party's values the real me.

I set myself a few goals at the start of 2016, none of which I've made any progress towards so far! But I knew that I wouldn't, because I've just finished the last of my January exams.

My four goals were:

1. Improve cooking skills. I can make a mean bowl of cereal, and that's about it. Oh, and burnt waffles.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Name:  IMG_0058.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  541.1 KB

2. Get more involved at uni. I've been involved here and there but given up quite quickly with a lot of things for reasons unknowns. Peer mentoring's been the only thing that I've stuck to doing. Also, work harder! :hide:

3. :dumbells: more running! I started running last year, one day a week. A friend joined in and it became a bit more regular. Two more people joined and we went running on most days! This happened mostly in the first year. During the second year, I forgot to pack my running gear and didn't go home once so I haven't been able to join in on the festivities, but I've got them now and I hope to be training for the Balf half marathon in 2018. (I'm on a placement year in London from 2016-2017 so it can't be next year).

4. Study Dutch. Why? It sounds interesting. I've heard people speaking about it as well as 'Shteeve' Mclaren's brilliant Dutch accent, so why not?

...and those are my main goals. I also have some more, like reading a bit more, a few TV series I need to watch etc but those aren't the main thing. This isn't a fitness blog or a grow your grades one either - it's just about getting to know the real David Cameron me. I'll probably share my vines of the week.

And remember, always follow your dreams.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Oooh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ooh I set myself some goals for the year when it began, and the first two you mentioned are also on my list.
    Dutch sounds exciting, good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same boat about turning 20, this is the only year I'm not looking forward to my birthday haha

(Original post by SeanFM)
    Hopefully it'll be like Webcameron, but I won't have to end up removing everything. :rofl: and you get to see my party's values the real me.
    Following. Looking forward to more shameless rep-fishing. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    And I knew there would be a vine somewhere :lol:
    Dunno how to follow (I'm new to this kayy) so I hope this means I followed ya :dontknow:

(Original post by SeanFM)
    X
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Following. Looking forward to more shameless rep-fishing. :rofl:
    I feel like I'm always harsh to you, despite the fact that you rep me regularly and never respond in kind. :console: I resolve to rep you more from now on (and be nicer).

Sean is #goals.

Also, following. This should be good!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Following!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

...is a film that I wanted to see during my week off, amongst loads of other things that I had planned to do, but I have't done much.

It's strange. I'd been studying intensely for over 30 days until this week, and for the first few 'days off' all I wanted to do was to get cracking with the next semester. Maybe it's because of the adrenaline that you get when you're sitting an exam, or that I feel like I need a miracle next semester to balance out what I suspect won't be stellar grades from this semester. Anyway, I feel like all of that adrenaline has flushed itself out and I have been sat here doing nothing in particular during my week off.

One thing I did do, though, is go to buy some running shoes, as per one of my goals of this year. I feel very chuffed - I bagged a supposedly £80 pair of running shoes for just £12 - this was a result of it being 80% off and a £5 voucher that I'd had from buying a pair of converses some time ago. :cool:

They've been put to good use - I've gone running 3 days out of 5. Bath is quite a hilly place and my route did involve going up quite a steep hill. I tried my best not to stop and just kept going and going. One of the days, someone who was driving a car pressed the horn twice as if to show support (or so I thought...) and it gave me a burst of energy.. :woo:

After walking up the stairs to my bedroom, my legs were dead. I think the worst bit about it was climbing up the stairs - it takes a lot out of you after a run! Anyway, there I was, mapping out my route and calculating the distance, hoping that it was.. I dunno, I can't expect it to be anywhere near 21km (the length of a half marathon) but it was just 2.6km. Slowly and slowly I'll increase that and hopefully I'll be able to do... enough of the marathon without walking.

Some of my favourite vines of the week:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    A lot of the viners that I like have mild adult humour or swearing, and other things that I wouldn't dare to post on TSR. But a viner called Thomas Sanders seems to be able to have none of that in his vines and still be popular.

Whether it's about Pokemon..

Spoiler:
    Show

or The Sims..

Spoiler:
    Show

or even Family Guy..

Spoiler:
    Show

he's got it all covered and is able to deliver us the small doses of happiness and laughter that are vines.

Here are a few more. Enjoy!
    Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show
    What to do when you're going to Lidl the next day but you don't have much food left... I know, something that I bought some time ago but keep for quite some time. What could it be.. :holmes:

I tried to make a dish I hadn't made in a while. Not a particularly difficult one, but a warm up as I try to improve my cooking skills over the next period of time. It was just tuna, pasta, sweetcorn with a bit of mayonnaise. What could go wrong?

So I'd come home, put the kettle on for some hot water, put it in a pan, put some pasta in. I could've sworn that I had some tuna in a can from the first week I was there, and I hadn't used it because I was too :lazy: to cook this dish. About 3 minutes in, the pasta bubbling away, I couldn't find the tuna anywhere! Bummer. Oh well, I can still have the sweetcorn and mayo, right?

WRONG.

I also didn't have any sweetcorn. :getmecoat:

What it should have looked like:
    Spoiler:
    Show

What it actually looked like:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    So there you have it... tonight, my dinner was pasta with nothing but a bit of mayo on it. That's Blockbusters, I suppose.

You know how they say that you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs? Well, I'm going to try and make this Cheese and Ham omelette next week! Hopefully I don't forget the eggs.

Eggciting stuff. Finally, I love taking pictures of random things like pretty sights. Which explains why I have about 1000 photos on my phone which keeps reminding me that my memory is almost full.

While on campus to print off some lecture notes for next semester, I managed to snap this.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Bath has a lovely lake as part of the campus, and when it gets warm enough people'll be there getting tanned and eating lunch, it's really a wonderful thing to see.

Next week, I'll be talking to Norfolk's youngest butcher.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.