The Student Room Group

Advantages and disadvantages of multicultural couples.

q above.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
I think the only "disadvantage" is a culture clash but I don't really see it being a massive obstacle if both parties are happy being with each other.

I would love to be in an interracial relationship myself
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
I think the only "disadvantage" is a culture clash but I don't really see it being a massive obstacle if both parties are happy being with each other.

I would love to be in an interracial relationship myself

Yeah It is quite fun! But Idno whats gonna happen in the future !!! Like the language barrier( i mean obvs we both speak english, but it`d be a bit weird not being able to converse in my own language) and desi family life is hard to get used to.
I think it's pretty awesome! You get to learn so much about the world and each other, more opportunity to travel, expand your horizons. and i think it can be super fun and relationship-building to learn each other's native language if its not english. it's particularly awesome if you're liked by each others' families and get along well. personally i think its very fun and more interesting that dating someone from the same cultural background as you.
If you think it'd be weird not being able to converse in your own language then teach your partner your language and vice versa, i'm sure they will be very enthusiastic about learning!

I'm the product of an interracial relationship; father is japanese, mother is nigerian. literally the most random combination i know. it was super fun growing up, both my parents learnt each others native language and you could always see how fun it was for them to be involved with the other person's culture etc. my favourite aspect about it is just the fact that you never really stop learning about each other, if you're the kind of person who cant tolerate static relationships/no excitement or things ever changing then i definitely say go for it because you're guaranteed never ending fun if you have a great relationship. not to mention you always have something to make fun of each other for

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending