Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    what has everyone revised for the physics on tues? i have always found it is the hardest exam!
    can anyone who has done their gcse's give me a few physics tips pls? i have had a major block and cant remember a thing. it's my last exam and i wana do really well!
    thanx
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    what has everyone revised for the physics on tues? i have always found it is the highest exam!
    can anyone who has done their gcse's give me a few physics tips pls? i have had a major block and cant remember a thing. it's my last exam and i wana do really well!
    thanx
    xx
    by highest you mean hardest?

If so mee too! Its equally weighted against Biology and Chemistry though so as long as you did well on them you can drop a few marks on this one.

The main 'lists' of things you need to know are:

All the Relevant Formula
    Electromagnetic Spectrum
    Order of Planets
    Electromagnetism

All the other stuff you can learn more generally, download the sylabus of your exam boards website and you can tick of what you know (theyre pretty detailed).

ReputationRep:
    thank you!!! yup, i meant hardest. i think i can manage all that, i just get electromagnetism and electricity questions hard to grasp...maybe it is cos i should go back and revise the basic principles

ReputationRep:
    I don't get it, why do people find it so hard?
    you just have to learn the formulas and you're sorted and then electromagnetism, the EM spectrum, radioactivity and the Earth and Beyond is so simple?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koldtoast)
    you just have to learn the formulas and you're sorted and then electromagnetism, the EM spectrum, radioactivity and the Earth and Beyond is so simple?
    a radical suggestion might be err, cus we're not all physics geeks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koldtoast)
    i understand what you mean about just applying the formula's, but not all the questios involve calculations. i duno..i guess i just gota see how it goes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vinz)
    a radical suggestion might be err, cus we're not all physics geeks?
    Good one. :rolleyes: I don't really like physics, infact its the one I dislike most of all the science subjects, but I think it's easiest because you can see the things happening all around you.

vinz, I can understand if you find it difficult though, as based on your last post, it seems your level of intelligence is shockingly low.

ReputationRep:
    The exam on Tuesday isn't much to worry about. It's the extension exam on Friday which is the real bummer (if you have it).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    The exam on Tuesday isn't much to worry about. It's the extension exam on Friday which is the real bummer (if you have it).
    i have it. i'm goin 2 fail. physics is awful cos its a mixture between math + science.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tonka)
    i have it. i'm goin 2 fail. physics is awful cos its a mixture between math + science.
    EXACTLY!!! best example of two in one...it sucks when you cant do it!

ReputationRep:
    it does'nt help when the only thing ur teacher has tort u is bout radiation

ReputationRep:
    do you feel that the equations are the essential foundation for physics or a basic grasp of all the topics. which is most important?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    its hard to say, you really do need both

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.