Aqa English literature 2015 paper gothic literature

Watch this thread
Melissa12345678
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Does anyone have the Aqa english literature a level 2015 paper, specifically the question about Wuthering Heights? Cause I want to do more exam practice, but there's not many questions on the Aqa website!
antigone-
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
I have the Section B questions, but only the Bloody Chamber, Macbeth and Faustus Section A questions. If it helps:

June 2015

Macbeth Part A:
“In Macbeth, Shakespeare shows that the guilty suffer more than the innocent.”To what extent do you agree with this view of the play?

Doctor Faustus Part A:
“Faustus aims to be superhuman but becomes subhuman.” Bearing this comment in mind, to what extent do you think Faustus’s ambitions are presented as admirable?

The Bloody Chamber Part A
:Consider the significance of images of blood in either two or three of the stories in The Bloody Chamber.

Part B:
“Writers in the gothic tradition are more interested in exploring the art of murder than death itself.”To what extent do you agree with this view?
-OR-
To what extent do you agree with the view that writers in the gothic tradition present the boundaries between good and evil as blurred?
-OR-
“Gothic protagonists are victims of no-one but themselves.”
Consider the ways in which writers present gothic protagonists in the light of this comment.

There is also a specification paper that AQA don't have on the site.

Paper
Mark Scheme

Good luck with revision! I'm doing this exam also
thecatwithnohat
Report 6 years ago
Hey,

Technically people aren't allowed to have access to the 2015 past papers but if you ask your teachers kindly (they're not allowed either, but some are really kind) to save the 2015 paper in the student area, they might.
antigone-
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by thecatwithnohat)
Hey,

Technically people aren't allowed to have access to the 2015 past papers but if you ask your teachers kindly (they're not allowed either, but some are really kind) to save the 2015 paper in the student area, they might.
Ahh shall I amend the post I made above then?
thecatwithnohat
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by antigone-)
Ahh shall I amend the post I made above then?
If you have the question then please do share. I'm just warning OP in case they feel like no one is giving them the answer that they're looking for.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (10)
20.83%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (4)
8.33%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
8.33%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (5)
10.42%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (13)
27.08%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (12)
25%

Watched Threads