The Student Room Group

A2 Biology help?

Having started A2 biology, I've noticed that we seem to have to know some of the content from AS. Would I need to know everything from AS or just certain topics? And if so, would anyone know which ones?

Also, does anyone know any good websites/books for biology? I really want an A* this year but it's so much harder imo. Thank you!!
I don't know which exam board you're on, but I'd recommend brushing up on all of your AS knowledge. Don't study it in masses of detail, but make sure you know most of it.
As for resources, khan academy, boundless.com, Mrbiotom1 (?) and googling around for other peoples' notes are good.
Reply 2
Original post by AqsaMx
Having started A2 biology, I've noticed that we seem to have to know some of the content from AS. Would I need to know everything from AS or just certain topics? And if so, would anyone know which ones?

Also, does anyone know any good websites/books for biology? I really want an A* this year but it's so much harder imo. Thank you!!

You should have a good understanding in all of your AS topics.

just use www.alevelbiology.co.uk and do all question booklet and should get a good grade more easily.
Reply 3
Original post by Laurasaur
I don't know which exam board you're on, but I'd recommend brushing up on all of your AS knowledge. Don't study it in masses of detail, but make sure you know most of it.
As for resources, khan academy, boundless.com, Mrbiotom1 (?) and googling around for other peoples' notes are good.

It's OCR and okay thank you !
Original post by AqsaMx

Most recall.
U doing aqa?
I suggest you know all the main topics and how they work rather than the application of the question for instance if your doing aqa, you will need to know from AS unit 1 chapter 1: what pathogens are, how they cause disease and how you can prevent it, like you don't need to know the rest of chapter 1. For chapter 3, you don't need to know about the microscopes and all that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Bloom77
Most recall.
U doing aqa?
I suggest you know all the main topics and how they work rather than the application of the question for instance if your doing aqa, you will need to know from AS unit 1 chapter 1: what pathogens are, how they cause disease and how you can prevent it, like you don't need to know the rest of chapter 1. For chapter 3, you don't need to know about the microscopes and all that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing OCR but thank you :smile:
Reply 6
Anyone know if this also applies for A2 Chem?

Quick Reply

Latest