Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

More sex assaults on women in Germany Watch

ReputationRep:
    How many more?

'A GANG of migrant men sexually assaulted German women at a historic swimming bath... Other migrants were caught "emptying their bowels" in the children's pool and masturbating in a hot tub'

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...Saxony-Germany

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ace123)
    How many more?

'A GANG of migrant men sexually assaulted German women at a historic swimming bath... Other migrants were caught "emptying their bowels" in the children's pool and masturbating in a hot tub'

Was that a surprise?

ReputationRep:
    Dunno why they dont just lock em up. Less people giving migrants a bad name and less legs for dirty racist failiures (like a lot of people here) to stand on.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure Merkel was horrified.

Oh wait, she sees none of this. And none of them.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a left wing paradise

ReputationRep:
    Î'm guessing it's racist, bigoted, sexist, etc... to lock them up?

ReputationRep:
    There needs to be screening for all migrants so only the vonrable ones get in and these cretins don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ace123)
    How many more?

...threads are there gonna be on this topic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futbol)
    There needs to be screening for all migrants so only the vonrable ones get in and these cretins don't.
    I agree that there needs to be better control but it's hard to tell how people pre migration are going to act post migration.

Unfortunately a lot of these people have come from situations we cannot possibly imagine. They are probably suffering with PTSD as well as other mental issues and haven't actually been properly integrated into communities. I am not excusing what they are doing AT ALL but I think it's really hard to get a control over it before they enter. The only way to get a control on it is to reduce the numbers allowed to come over. The US have a good system where people from Syria etc. Have quite a rigorous process on deciding who to let in and they normally come over as families.

I do think that men on their own shouldn't be allowed to come in unless there is good reason-I.e all their family is dead. It's weird that so many young men are coming into Europe on their own whilst presumably their wife and children are left suffering at home.

My kind of overriding point is that these incidences shouldn't be cause for people to say that we should ban all migrants fleeing from these war torn places where their lives have been ripped apart. These incidences should be cause for people to think about how we can implement a strategy both here and across Europe to make sure that migrants/refugees are selected appropriately and that there is proper funding for their integration. Germany's mistake is that none of that has happened. We should be learning from this, not vilifying all Syrians/other as rapists/terrorists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EtherealNymph22)
    It's weird that so many young men are coming into Europe on their own whilst presumably their wife and children are left suffering at home.
    They make the dangerous journey to Europe so that they can find a job, and send money back to support their families

They did not 'abandon' them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johann von Gauss)
    They make the dangerous journey to Europe so that they can find a job, and send money back to support their families

I think that's the traditional view of migrants. This is a completely different ball game. The influx of people into Europe is a humanity effort to rehouse people who are suffering in the war and because of Assad's regime and ISIS. A lot of the more genuine families made the dangerous journey together. We should be strategising to figure out a complete A>B plan to rescue families and children from these places. Not just uncontrolledly letting tons of young men in. Part of that is having a proper process, and making the journey to Europe less 'dangerous'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johann von Gauss)

In which case, they are economic migrants, not refugees fleeing danger.

ReputationRep:
    "Several asylum seekers were reportedly arrested in connection with the claims, but have since been released."

Germany 57 - 52 Sweden

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    In which case, they are economic migrants, not refugees fleeing danger.
    Basically what I was trying to say but I don't have very good conciseness skills!

ReputationRep:
    I hate how people see this as a left and right issue.

Like apparently the rights want to just 'close all borders' and the left wants to 'let everyone in irrelevant of the consequences'

This is a humanitarian issue and those two extremes are not the answer. People need to forget about left vs right and discuss how to compromise between those two extremes.

ReputationRep:
    I hate how people see this as a left and right issue.

Like apparently the rights want to just 'close all borders' and the left wants to 'let everyone in irrelevant of the consequences'

This is a humanitarian issue and those two extremes are not the answer. People need to forget about left vs right and discuss how to compromise between those two extremes.
    I won't make any compromise. Barbarians must not enter the EU.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    I won't make any compromise. Barbarians must not enter the EU.
    That's not the compromise I'm suggesting. Not all refugees are barbarians. Pls, think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muslimstanisyed)

If you live in a glass house please do not throw stones.

ReputationRep:
    That's not the compromise I'm suggesting. Not all refugees are barbarians. Pls, think.
    What do you suggest then?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.