Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Mine would be the lack of active societies. (Aberdeen Uni)

Edit: someone mentioned that we should say our university names so feel free to add that in

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captivated)
    Mine would be the lack of active societies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lack of transparency on some issues.

ReputationRep:
    Mine would be other human beings. On the buses, in the library, in the restaurants. Like why can't I just do all of those things in peace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EtherealNymph22)
    Mine would be other human beings. On the buses, in the library, in the restaurants. Like why can't I just do all of those things in peace.
    :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Too competitive. The campus environment feels cold and corporate. Most teachers don't give a **** about you and there's a lack of feedback on work. But hey at least it looks good on my CV.

ReputationRep:
    Can you guys say which unis you come from? Always good to hear criticisms from current students

ReputationRep:
    Not enough scheduled nap time

ReputationRep:
    So...many...hills :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fry_Cook_of_Doom)
    Too competitive. The campus environment feels cold and corporate. Most teachers don't give a **** about you and there's a lack of feedback on work. But hey at least it looks good on my CV.
    LSE?

ReputationRep:
    UCL?

ReputationRep:
    Bad canteen, no shower facilities, poor sports facilities, some lecturers see classes and teaching as chores

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metrododo)
    LSE?
    yep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    So...many...hills :sigh:
    Is this Exeter?

ReputationRep:
    The NUS and the "Safe Space" and "No Platform" rules.

ReputationRep:
    yep
    That sucks, LSE is my top choice. What course?

ReputationRep:
    culture revolves too much around partying and isnt academic enough. UCL atmosphere is more muted and more suited to my approach i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neostigmine)
    Lack of transparency on some issues.
    Such as?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tcannon)
    Bad canteen, no shower facilities, poor sports facilities, some lecturers see classes and teaching as chores
    I can relate to your last point, some lecturers honestly seem like they'd rather be at home in bed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    culture revolves too much around partying and isnt academic enough. UCL atmosphere is more muted and more suited to my approach i think
    Definitely agree! People just ask you about the partying social life when you say you're at university when that's not the primary reason for being there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliRizzo)
    UCL?
    I don't think UCL feels cold and corporate, certainly not in comparison to some other places I've seen like Imperial!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.