Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    Overrated?! I've never heard that been said about UCL before! In what way would you say it is overrated, if I may ask?
    Oh that's good to hear then.
    It has a big reputation because of research and some specialities such as neuroscience. Other courses are likely better taught at other universities but the name UCL' just attracts people. I don't regret studying here but I drfinitely wouldn't try to sell it to anyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captivated)
    Mine would be the lack of active societies. (Aberdeen Uni)

Edit: someone mentioned that we should say our university names so feel free to add that in

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh I'm at Aberdeen too. What year are you and what are you studying?

I'd add library lifts breaking all the time and the library during exam periods.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elitepower)
    Oh I'm at Aberdeen too. What year are you and what are you studying?

I'd add library lifts breaking all the time and the library during exam periods.
    Really? I'm in first year, Philosophy-Psychology. Yourself?

Haha - I agree!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i'm not really sure tbh.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    The bit I bolded about your flatmate having a dark side? I was intrigued.
    Ooh sorry I can't see the bold font on the mobile app!
    Essentially, I thought she was the sweetest girl in the world when I first moved in. Helped me with my things, gave me a hug and made me feel so welcome. I saw that she was incredibly nice to everyone else too, including my other flatmate.

Next thing you know she gossips and back chats about people she claimed to "like". I worry she may also be doing that behind my back too! Was quite a shocker.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ooh sorry I can't see the bold font on the mobile app!
    Essentially, I thought she was the sweetest girl in the world when I first moved in. Helped me with my things, gave me a hug and made me feel so welcome. I saw that she was incredibly nice to everyone else too, including my other flatmate.

Next thing you know she gossips and back chats about people she claimed to "like". I worry she may also be doing that behind my back too! Was quite a shocker.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not that dark like, thought you had like a rapist flat mate or something

ReputationRep:
    The whole self-promotion/PR crap. The number of times I see top 1% in the world, Russell Group, rated what-the-****-ever for research excellence, etc. I wish they'd spent less money on marketting stuff and more on fixing the damned microwave.

That said, really like the degree and several lecturers have gone out of their alway to help me, so on balance it's a minor complaint.

ReputationRep:
    The weather (always raining)
    HILLS OMG
    Relatively expensive accommodation

(Bristol)

ReputationRep:
    The rooms I have my lecture's in are really really warm they either have the sun shining on them all day so it gets warm and I fall a sleep or they have lots of pc's running all day which warms up the room and again makes me fall asleep apart from that I love it.

ReputationRep:
    Really? I'm in first year, Philosophy-Psychology. Yourself?

Haha - I agree!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    3rd year history.

If you ever want to chat about anything drop me a message.

ReputationRep:
    Not that dark like, thought you had like a rapist flat mate or something
    To be honest we did have one that we thought would murder us but she turned out to be alright

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elitepower)
    3rd year history.

If you ever want to chat about anything drop me a message.
    Thank you so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To be honest we did have one that we thought would murder us but she turned out to be alright

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why did you think that?

ReputationRep:
    Too many Chinese people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 90s Roadman)
    Too many Chinese people.
    Royal Holloway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don'tworryME)
    Royal Holloway?
    Could be Nottingham too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Could be Nottingham too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Could also be Liverpool we have quite a large east Asian student population. One of the private accommodations here is almost exclusivity east Asians.

ReputationRep:
    Why did you think that?
    She was just incredibly mysterious and had very strong (but irrational) opinions about everything, had a very judgemental stare. It was my gossipy flatmate that plotted the idea into my head though, that she's creepy and could "murder us".

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    She was just incredibly mysterious and had very strong (but irrational) opinions about everything, had a very judgemental stare. It was my gossipy flatmate that plotted the idea into my head though, that she's creepy and could "murder us".

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha I know a girl who has "crazy eyes" if you met her you would know what I mean. But she is the sweetest girl in the world, love her to bits.

ReputationRep:
    At Royal Holloway, attendance to all lectures is mandatory - we have to sign a register for EVERY SINGLE LECTURE/TUTORIAL/SEMINAR.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.