Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BAN Sharia Law and the use of Sharia courts within the UK Watch

ReputationRep:
    Please sign the petition if you agree.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/107864

ReputationRep:
    I would explicitly expand it to all religions.

ReputationRep:
    Signed

ReputationRep:
    Dunno what to comment so here's the recipe for a glass of water:

- Glass
    - Water

Instruction

- Put water into glass

Enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    Good. Ban beth dins while you're at it. Infact ban all private agreements that are not official.

Oh wait, that would be stupid as banning all private agreements is impossible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickLCFC)

[/b][/size]

The government has allowed shariah finance and court gulf countries to invest in islamic bonds in the city of london. They won't ban the unbanable. (Well they might but it will not work as a law).

ReputationRep:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/107864

Where did you hear about the petition?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nununu)
    Good. Ban beth dins while you're at it. Infact ban all private agreements that are not official.

Oh wait, that would be stupid as banning all private agreements is impossible.
    This thread is specifically about banning the use Sharia courts and Sharia Law. Feel free to make another thread if you have a problem with a separate issue

ReputationRep:
    This thread is specifically about banning the use Sharia courts and Sharia Law. Feel free to make another thread if you have a problem with a separate issue
    Banning shariah courts won't make a difference to anything. I currently am islamically married to three beuatiful women, eventhough polygamy is BANNED in britain. They can't arrest me, as we decided not to marry leagelly. If you ban islamic courts (there is no islamic law in britain) in britain people will still marry and divorce as they please as they will just call it muslim marriage instead of islamic marriage or paki marriage instead of islamic marriage.

ReputationRep:
    Banning shariah courts won't make a difference to anything. I currently am islamically married to three beuatiful women, eventhough polygamy is BANNED in britain. They can't arrest me, as we decided not to marry leagelly. If you ban islamic courts (there is no islamic law in britain) in britain people will still marry and divorce as they please as they will just call it muslim marriage instead of islamic marriage or paki marriage instead of islamic marriage.
    This is not about superficial issues.

The problem with Sharia Law courts runs much deeper in that they often cover things which are illegal and devastating to individuals -particularly young girls (even though they don't have constitutional status).

You can do whatever you want with your Islamic marriages, no one cares.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    This is not about superficial issues.

The problem with Sharia Law courts runs much deeper in that they often cover things which are illegal and devastating to individuals -particularly young girls (even though they don't have constitutional status).

You can do whatever you want with your Islamic marriages, no one cares.
    Which things are you reffering to. Also if they are illegal then why do you need another law to deal with shariah courts? If the people using shariah courts are doing illegal things as you claim (evidence since you made the claim) then they should be prosecuted. You dont need new laws.

ReputationRep:
    I currently am islamically married to three beuatiful women
    lol

ReputationRep:
    X
    You do know that Sharia law is for Muslims ONLY, so why the hell would that concern you??!

Besides, a similar petition was signed 2 years ago and the government responded. So good luck with that! :rolleyes:

As this e-petition has received more than 10, 000 signatures, the relevant Government department have provided the following response sharia 'law' has no jurisdiction in England and Wales and the Government has no intention to change this position. :grin: :clap2::clap2::clap2::happy2::happy2:
    Sharia principles are the code of personal religious law governing the conduct of Muslims. They can extend into all aspects of people's lives, but provided an activity prescribed by Sharia principles does not contravene the law of England and Wales, there is nothing that prevents people living by Sharia principles.Britain has a proud tradition of religious tolerance, within the law. We expect individuals and groups to exercise their religious beliefs in a courteous and considerate manner and to respect the rights of others. Freedom of expression is the hallmark of a healthy society; however, mutual concern and respect for our fellow citizens is essential if we want our neighbourhoods to be places where everyone can play their part and feel that they belong.There are a number of Sharia councils in England and Wales which help Muslim communities resolve civil and family disputes, by making recommendations, which they hope the parties will abide by. They are not part of the court system in this country and have no means of enforcing their decisions. If any of the decisions or recommendations they make are contrary to national law (including the Equality Act 2010)then national law prevails. This is no different to any other council or tribunal - whether or not based on Sharia principles.There can never be reliance on the fact that an act that is permitted under Sharia principles is a justification for committing what is, under the law of this country, a criminal act or indeed a breach of civil law such as the Equality Act 2010. Muslim women, for example, can find legal recourse in the legislation that has already been enacted, for example forced marriage issues, regardless of what is stated within Sharia principles.This Government will challenge behaviours and views which run counter to our shared values. Promoting fairness in society is one of the Coalition Government's core commitments. This is everyone's responsibility; it is only together we are able to develop a stronger and more cohesive society.There can be no question of there being a parallel system of law in this country.

ReputationRep:
    Which things are you reffering to. Also if they are illegal then why do you need another law to deal with shariah courts? If the people using shariah courts are doing illegal things as you claim (evidence since you made the claim) then they should be prosecuted. You dont need new laws.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6761141.html

What do you mean another law? People should not be using Shariah Courts full stop. You live in a country with constitutional courts and these are exactly the ones you should be using.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you like chocolates?:lovie:

ReputationRep:
    but these courts aren't legally binding - they're voluntary - I despise islam and sharia law as much as the next person (probably more) but you can't just mess with freedom like this simply because you don't like how people choose to live

ReputationRep:
    There is no Sharia law in the UK lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ya Jus Dunno.)
    STFU!!!

His trolling, you moron.
    First of all, I will do whatever I want. The question is what you're gonna do with your pathetic grammar...

Secondly, I don't care.

ReputationRep:
    First of all, I will do whatever I want. The question is what you're gonna do with your pathetic grammar...

Secondly, I don't care.
    Isn't it ironic how you claim I have "pathetic" grammar. Yet you use words like "gonna".:toofunny:

Like I said you look and type like a moron.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6761141.html

What do you mean another law? People should not be using Shariah Courts full stop. You live in a country with constitutional courts and these are exactly the ones you should be using.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's clearly none of your business, is it affecting your life, NOPE! :rolleyes: Besides the goverment has responded to a similar petition and said,

As this e-petition has received more than 10, 000 signatures, the relevant Government department have provided the following response sharia 'law' has no jurisdiction in England and Wales and the Government has no intention to change this position.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.