Turn on thread page Beta

With all these recent references to homosexuality watch

ReputationRep:
    Oh-kay... that's good for you.
    I'm not a fan of Harry Potter, but my nickname at my last place of work was Harry because I used to be the spitting image of him. Now I've grown up, my hair is longer, the glasses are more oblong.

ReputationRep:
    What I would like to know is a heterosexual's reaction when they find out a homosexual becomes interested in them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    What I would like to know is a heterosexual's reaction when they find out a homosexual becomes interested in them?
    I'd be quite flattered to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Ditto that. I think it works exactly the same if a girl you don't like is interested in you.

I only read the first post and a few replies immediatly afterwards so sorry if this is now off topic. Do you not think that this thread is a little obvious? Or is it wishful thinking that it would be? I'm not gay but if i was i can safely say that i wouldn't kill myself because of what certain ignorant people think about it, it's probably easy to say that being straight but i think that would be the case if things were different. I don't think that many young gay people kill themselves over this abuse, no more so than people in other situations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    I think I should state something which is not up for debate. Everybody has a right to be asking questions and debating these basic moral issues. But just remember whilst you are playfully batting around ideas of homosexuality being mental illness, or akin to incest, ideas which have no consequence to bear on yourself, young gay people are going to be reading these things. These people are often very sensitive to these ideas, because society already gives them alot of stick on it. Far far too many young gay men are killing themself because they simply think too lowly of themselves, nobody likes to think of themselves as a screwup. It's very easy for your little anti-PC campaign to instill that low self worth. What I'm asking here is, please don't be so insenstive that you make somebody miserable, even suicidal.
    this is good sh*t. you have won my worthless rep. be proud.

ReputationRep:
    Now, who's read animal farm? I suggest we treat our "boxer" here like they did boxer the cart horse. Make him work hard, no-one listen or to respond to what he wants and then the best bit - we can send him to the glue factory

MB

(Original post by musicboy)
    Now, who's read animal farm? I suggest we treat our "boxer" here like they did boxer the cart horse. Make him work hard, no-one listen or to respond to what he wants and then the best bit - we can send him to the glue factory
    Read 1984, have no idea about animal farm though. It's no longer my Birthday!

ReputationRep:

MB
    In the words of Sir Eddie of Izzard
    "Un cheval, pas de glue. Pas de cheval, beaucoup de glue"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I only read the first post and a few replies immediatly afterwards so sorry if this is now off topic. Do you not think that this thread is a little obvious? Or is it wishful thinking that it would be? I'm not gay but if i was i can safely say that i wouldn't kill myself because of what certain ignorant people think about it, it's probably easy to say that being straight but i think that would be the case if things were different. I don't think that many young gay people kill themselves over this abuse, no more so than people in other situations.
    You should see the statistics, it's quite awful. Has been in the papers a few times.

MB
    Haha! Great humour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShadowStorm)
    Ditto that. I think it works exactly the same if a girl you don't like is interested in you.
    I agree although I'd probably be a little embarrassed but it depends who I'm with right then. But that's not to say I will do anything disproportionate like resort to unkindness etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I agree although I'd probably be a little embarrassed but it depends who I'm with right then. But that's not to say I will do anything disproportionate like resort to unkindness etc.
    Aye, but again if it was a girl I really didn't like, I find that pretty damn embarrassing too! I would never resort to unkindness either - if necessary I would pull them off to one side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmitrij_savicki)
    so what if males and females are designed that way, if its designed that way doesnt mean its the only way
    Absolutely.

People are designed to walk. But why do we have bikes?

ReputationRep:
    This thread has been open to a lot of abuse and even I am tired deleting all the offensive posts. As fishpaste outlines, it is not open to debate so I am now closing this thread.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.