The Student Room Group

H and M, 2 hours assessment day:ANYONE PLEASE HELP!

Hi, after a long time finding a job, i have got an offer for coming to H and M's 2 hours assesment day. But i do not know anything about it. I will research on its website but those with experience know beter how to answer and what to answer.
This is for part time sales assisatnt role and offer is given after a 5 minute phone interview which was just fine. But still the manager called me in for the day. I want the job but i need to know the tips and how to go about it. I only have very less retail experience and so PLEASE HELP.

Following are the questions they usaually ask, what can be the best answers?

Can you tell me a bit about yourself?
Why do you want to work for this company?
What can you offer the company?
Why is customer service important?
If we rang your friends how would they describe you?
Are you a leader, listener or player?
Who do you see as our main competitors?
What do you know about the company?
What do you think your role would involve?
Does the job look hard?
Do you think we cater for all age ranges?
What is your biggest strength?
What type of person are you?

THANKS IN ADVANCE.
Original post by Haris Tariq
Hi, after a long time finding a job, i have got an offer for coming to H and M's 2 hours assesment day. But i do not know anything about it. I will research on its website but those with experience know beter how to answer and what to answer.
This is for part time sales assisatnt role and offer is given after a 5 minute phone interview which was just fine. But still the manager called me in for the day. I want the job but i need to know the tips and how to go about it. I only have very less retail experience and so PLEASE HELP.

Following are the questions they usaually ask, what can be the best answers?

Can you tell me a bit about yourself?
Why do you want to work for this company?
What can you offer the company?
Why is customer service important?
If we rang your friends how would they describe you?
Are you a leader, listener or player?
Who do you see as our main competitors?
What do you know about the company?
What do you think your role would involve?
Does the job look hard?
Do you think we cater for all age ranges?
What is your biggest strength?
What type of person are you?

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

I don't know about best answers! 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 12 and 13 can only be answered by you.

4. Increases loyalty and returning customers, generates word of mouth and a good reputation
7. In the UK, I'd say Zara, TopShop, Dorothy Perkins, New Look. These days people like Superdry are also sneaking in. ASOS online is also a competitor.
9. Customer service, helping customers, keeping the shop floor tidy, dressing well to advertise the store
10. Probably has it's challenges but probably ones that are achievable.
11. Look into their clothing ranges and see for that one.

Is that helpful?

Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by Neostigmine
I don't know about best answers! 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 12 and 13 can only be answered by you.

4. Increases loyalty and returning customers, generates word of mouth and a good reputation
7. In the UK, I'd say Zara, TopShop, Dorothy Perkins, New Look. These days people like Superdry are also sneaking in. ASOS online is also a competitor.
9. Customer service, helping customers, keeping the shop floor tidy, dressing well to advertise the store
10. Probably has it's challenges but probably ones that are achievable.
11. Look into their clothing ranges and see for that one.

Is that helpful?

Good luck!

It was helpful. Thanks a lot.
How much do they pay you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending