Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR National Liberal Party Q&A - Ask/Join here! Watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMcGovern)
    Well it is true
    Nor is it uncommon in any thread, we have a few hundred bars.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    That just shows how inactive they are. They're not even active on their 'questions' thread. All the other parties have started to use it as a second Commons Bar

He was banned? :eek:
    I can't say I'm surprised or sad about it
    There are rumours that he had a previous incarnation and caused quite a lot of trouble in the MHoC, so I don't know if it's connected to that. Either way, the National Liberal Party has now gone from a rotting corpse to a skeleton.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    There are rumours that he had a previous incarnation and caused quite a lot of trouble in the MHoC, so I don't know if it's connected to that. Either way, the National Liberal Party has now gone from a rotting corpse to a skeleton.
    Not rumours... He confirmed them himself.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I remember him from back in the day.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    I remember him from back in the day.
    I still belive that he was birk.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I still belive that he was birk.
    It's uncanny, really, though a little toned down from back then.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Even if they do get a seat in this GE, they will probably have to hand it over anyway because they will probably be shut down.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    It's uncanny, really, though a little toned down from back then.
    But it was obvious from the get go. However he was right wing before...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    But it was obvious from the get go. However he was right wing before...
    I'm not sure if he was, he seems pretty consistent. Definitely obvious though, I remember talking to a few people about it.

One thing I will say though, is that if his leadership manifesto was anything like this GE manifesto then it explains why he needed those dupes
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I know, I was just being diplomatic on the off chance a Nat Lib popped up
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if he was, he seems pretty consistent. Definitely obvious though, I remember talking to a few people about it.

One thing I will say though, is that if his leadership manifesto was anything like this GE manifesto then it explains why he needed those dupes
    No, he was definitely to the right of the liberals.

I couldn't comment.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Just want to remind members that you're not meant to discuss the reasons why a member is banned. Comments on the matter would be pure speculation which doesn't help anyone.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    Just want to remind members that you're not meant to discuss the reasons why a member is banned. Comments on the matter would be pure speculation which doesn't help anyone.
    Nah, I'm stumped as to why ANC was banned and wanna find out
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Can we ask why?

ReputationRep:
    dw guys I already explained it in the skype group
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Can we ask why?
    It's general TSR policy that people don't discuss why members are banned. If the reasons behind the banning of a member have a direct effect on the MHoC, then I'm sure it would be brought up. Otherwise it's just gossip that isn't necessarily accurate or generally helpful.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    It's general TSR policy that people don't discuss why members are banned. If the reasons behind the banning of a member have a direct effect on the MHoC, then I'm sure it would be brought up. Otherwise it's just gossip that isn't necessarily accurate or generally helpful.
    Oh.
    Is it a Fight Club kind of thing?

Don't want to be rude but it seems a bit weird not to give a reason why they were banned.
    Unless being annoying and asking a lot can get you banned - then sorry.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Oh.
    Is it a Fight Club kind of thing?

Don't want to be rude but it seems a bit weird not to give a reason why they were banned.
    Unless being annoying and asking a lot can get you banned - then sorry.
    Like I said, it's not constructive. The reasons that someone is banned for don't have any relevance to discussions. If a moderation decision is considered inappropriate, the existing structure of allowing people to put forward their case in AtCT is more than enough.(under section 10 of the site rules here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...ull-site-rules) but otherwise, it's nothing that you need to know.

Nah it's fine. If you need me to clarify anything, I'm always happy to help.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Sorry:adore:

ReputationRep:
    So who's leader now that His Lordship is banned?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 8, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.