Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)

Firstly, the Libertarians unfortunately folded a couple of terms ago due to inactivity. ]
    'Tis a great shame.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    Hydeman has been duly elected leader of the National Liberals.
    What ? . he won because 1 vote was cast ?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    What ? . he won because 1 vote was cast ?
    LOL
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenC1997)
    'Tis a great shame.
    Indeed, though it probably helped us and the Tories out a little in terms of votes
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Could a member give a summary on what the National Liberals believe, what they have done and aim to do. looking to join a party.

ReputationRep:
    It says the leader is banned so who is the person to talk to, please?
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennywenny)
    It says the leader is banned so who is the person to talk to, please?
    Hydeman is now the leader of the party, the OP just hasn't been updated

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    'Tis a great shame.
    All who stand before the Tories will fall. We will have dominion over the right and should you oppose us, we will suck you dry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    we will suck you dry.
    Oh my, Rakas!

C'mon, I know you miss the Libbers, you wouldn't have helped them in their dying days if you didn't have a soft spot for them.

One does wonder if they'll ever make a return...

Hydeman is now the leader of the party, the OP just hasn't been updated
      Alas, the mods have not yet graced me with the user group controls.
      • Wiki Support Team
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Hydeman)
      You should have control of the OP though so you can edit it

You should have control of the OP though so you can edit it
        Oh, I hadn't noticed that had happened. xD Thanks!
        • TSR Support Team
        • Peer Support Volunteers
        • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
        Oh, I hadn't noticed that had happened. xD Thanks!
        Sorry, I should have told you that.

(Original post by Airmed)
          Sorry, I should have told you that.
          All is forgiven, so long as you spam my VMs with pictures of Natalie Dormer every now and then.

Spoiler:
          Show
          Don't worry about it.
          • Community Assistant
          • Wiki Support Team
          • Political Ambassador
          • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
          I've bumped the thread in Ask CT and still nothing, I will on at them about it again tomorrow.
          • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
          Oh my, Rakas!

C'mon, I know you miss the Libbers, you wouldn't have helped them in their dying days if you didn't have a soft spot for them.

One does wonder if they'll ever make a return...
          True.

Not so much that i'm a libertarian (though i lean that way vs social conservatism they have too much faith in people and i can't stand the isolationism on foreign policy) but rather that i had a lot of respect for them. Back in the glory days of 2011/2012 they were the intellectual hub of the place, it was actually quite pleasurable to read the posts of J&T and Keckers and i guess i saw that aspect as worth trying to save. In the end though their problem was simply the lack of new membership to even attempt to engage (whether successful or not) and while i don't regret it (self interest first and all that) i do probably suspect that becoming a socially broader Tory party probably did suck them dry of would be new members.

They'll never return, there's no room for them unless the Tories and Liberals explicitly narrow themselves in their selection and i can't say that a Tory or Liberal Party without people like Jarred, Financier or Histrybore is something i desire. Hell, in the end i'm sure the Tories will squeeze Ukip dry too.

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Rakas21)
          True.

Not so much that i'm a libertarian (though i lean that way vs social conservatism they have too much faith in people and i can't stand the isolationism on foreign policy) but rather that i had a lot of respect for them. Back in the glory days of 2011/2012 they were the intellectual hub of the place, it was actually quite pleasurable to read the posts of J&T and Keckers and i guess i saw that aspect as worth trying to save. In the end though their problem was simply the lack of new membership to even attempt to engage (whether successful or not) and while i don't regret it (self interest first and all that) i do probably suspect that becoming a socially broader Tory party probably did suck them dry of would be new members.

They'll never return, there's no room for them unless the Tories and Liberals explicitly narrow themselves in their selection and i can't say that a Tory or Liberal Party without people like Jarred, Financier or Histrybore is something i desire. Hell, in the end i'm sure the Tories will squeeze Ukip dry too.
          Yes, I have heard some of the tales about them; frankly I wish I was around back then, it is probable that I would have been a member.

I quite like that, the fact you tried to save them if only out of respect, sometimes nature will just take its course unfortunately.

Well, if you do end up eliminating UKIP, I sure won't find it half as depressing as the knowledge I'll never see the Libbers in full stride. Though I feel there'll always be members who want an exclusively anti-EU party, so UKIP has more than a decent chance of survival.
          • Community Assistant
          • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
          Hydeman Airmed nebelbon How many people other than yourselves have posted in the Nat Lib subforum in the last week?
          • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
          I shall tag the prospective Speakers, and the Deputy Speaker to ask if there would be an objection with me joining the National Liberal Party if it is decided the party should close. I have no interest with continuing the name, nor continuing with the existing concept, I want to hijack the party to change it to form the Democrats. I appreciate the usual process is to find ten members, however, I think finding members to join something that does not exist is very difficult, and there is a better chance of generating more activity when the party is functioning properly: I would not be a dual member with UKIP.
          • Very Important Poster
          • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
          I shall tag the prospective Speakers, and the Deputy Speaker to ask if there would be an objection with me joining the National Liberal Party if it is decided the party should close. I have no interest with continuing the name, nor continuing with the existing concept, I want to hijack the party to change it to form the Democrats. I appreciate the usual process is to find ten members, however, I think finding members to join something that does not exist is very difficult, and there is a better chance of generating more activity when the party is functioning properly.
          UKIP trying to create a shell again? Just like after the Libers closed.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 8, 2016
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.