Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR National Liberal Party Q&A - Ask/Join here! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    You're the Party Chairperson right? If Davij isn't around, you're technically Acting Leader and have the authority to go about preparing for the by-election and getting a new leader. If you wish to stand, the Speaker can run the election for you guys. Make sure to use nebelbon and Airmed, their experience will be invaluable to you guys
    I've set up a post about this

ReputationRep:
    You're the Party Chairperson right?
    I am?
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad)
    I am?
    You are Check the OP
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I strongly condemn these dual membership arrangements for a new party.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    It helps them get off the ground. I don't think it was taken into account in the actual decision
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    The party formed after the last General Election. They have never contested an election and thus have never won a seat.
    Can you confirm how many days they went without a post in the sub-forum.

ReputationRep:
    Well, the duals have apparently failed to save them from inactivity and provided no guidance so far so… Are you sure they're that necessary, PetrosAC?
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I have to disagree - it lends new parties a wealth of experience and differing perspectives and means that they can actually get legislation to the House, having MPs within their ranks to support it. Had there not have been some excellent and experienced members already within the National Liberals, I would have offered to be a dual member for them to give them some guidance which new parties often don't have access to.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Can you confirm how many days they went without a post in the sub-forum.
    I've been counting the days towards the fateful month.

Around two weeks I think. Though they are posting now. This may have been a useful prod for them.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Well, the duals have apparently failed to save them from inactivity and provided no guidance so far so… Are you sure they're that necessary, PetrosAC?
    Fair point I mean, I think the Party should be given every chance now that it's actually been formed, though in hindsight maybe it shouldn't have been.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    It helps them get off the ground. I don't think it was taken into account in the actual decision
    The entire point of constraints on creation is to ensure that parties able to form are able to sustain themselves. Not only that but new parties are very susceptible to dilution ideologically.

It is not your responsibility to help new parties.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I've been counting the days towards the fateful month.

Around two weeks I think. Though they are posting now. This may have been a useful prod for them.
    When was the last in the government sub

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not an expert on political definitions (in fact I know very little), please could someone advise me on how the ideology/policy positions of this party is different from the Libertarians (or Classical Liberals).
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    I have to disagree - it lends new parties a wealth of experience and differing perspectives and means that they can actually get legislation to the House, having MPs within their ranks to support it. Had there not have been some excellent and experienced members already within the National Liberals, I would have offered to be a dual member for them to give them some guidance which new parties often don't have access to.
    Well, there is clearly some flaw

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    The entire point of constraints on creation is to ensure that parties able to form are able to sustain themselves. Not only that but new parties are very susceptible to dilution ideologically.

Well, the original Liberals and the National Lierals are kind of like sister parties.

ReputationRep:
    Bit late

ReputationRep:

We haven't interfered with the political side of things.

We're there if they want to ask us anything.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemting)
    I'm not an expert on political definitions (in fact I know very little), please could someone advise me on how the ideology/policy positions of this party is different from the Libertarians (or Classical Liberals).
    You may find the OP of this thread useful: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3817823

ReputationRep:
    You may find the OP of this thread useful: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3817823

Ah! Cheers
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemting)
    The National Liberals are center-left traditionalists. Classical Liberals and Libertarians are much better placed in the Liberals and Tory parties.

(Original post by Quamquam123)
    Well, the original Liberals and the National Lierals are kind of like sister parties.
    Nat Libs are further left economically.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 8, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.