Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

URGENT: History help needed Unit 5 edexcel Poor and the State watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone explain to me how the 1934 Unemployment Act was a turning point?. I have just checked all past papers and since it is yet to come up its a firm possibility for part (a) tomorrow. For reasons unknown to myself my teacher decided to only cover the last decade of the course for half a week. I understand that there was a lot of unemployment related acts occuring in the build up to this one but I fail to see how it was a turning point, it was means tested and besides setting up unemployment assistant boards doesnt seem that different from before. Afterall if I've read what I ahve found on the net properly, insurance had already been extended to those out of work past the 15 weeks previously set out in the 1911 National Insurance Act (unconvenated benefits).

ReputationRep:
    we dont have that act as one of the turning points to consider. somewhere on another post ive ritten out the seven possible turning points i think we can get according to the syllabus. no idea about the 1934 act

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.