Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone got any tips for revising? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any genius ways to remember all the studies that can help me out in the long run ?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Just replying cos i want some tips aswell

ReputationRep:
    Repetition? Make posters? Make a song?

How do/did you revise for other subjects/your GCSEs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarthaMae19)
    Anyone got any genius ways to remember all the studies that can help me out in the long run ?

Thanks
    Do whatever helped you revise at GCSE, try not to do anything too different when revising it all. Which exam board are you on? I spent trying all these new fancy techniques like mind maps and that, which got me no where so for mine i ended up noting everything and making it smaller, so i could go over it easier and it would help trigger my memory. Best advice though, revise, revise, revise and revise! Psychology A-Level is tough!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ravens)
    Do whatever helped you revise at GCSE, try not to do anything too different when revising it all. Which exam board are you on? I spent trying all these new fancy techniques like mind maps and that, which got me no where so for mine i ended up noting everything and making it smaller, so i could go over it easier and it would help trigger my memory. Best advice though, revise, revise, revise and revise! Psychology A-Level is tough!
    Strangely enough I don't really have a set technique except cramming- which has worked reasonably well but obviously isn't going to get me a high grade! I'm doing AQA Psychology A

ReputationRep:
    Strangely enough I don't really have a set technique except cramming- which has worked reasonably well but obviously isn't going to get me a high grade! I'm doing AQA Psychology A
    Ah right fair enough! Yeah i was the same at GCSE tbh too with the cramming! Ah cool cool! I did AQA A as well! Which topics are you doing for it?

ReputationRep:
    Ah right fair enough! Yeah i was the same at GCSE tbh too with the cramming! Ah cool cool! I did AQA A as well! Which topics are you doing for it?
    Research methods, of course, Addictions, eating behaviour, relationships and schizophrenia You??

ReputationRep:
    Research methods, of course, Addictions, eating behaviour, relationships and schizophrenia You??
    Ah right okay, i did research methods, schizophrenia, Paranormal psychology, Bio rhythms and sleep, relationships and aggression. Generally what i did for them, i started by practicing my essays and trying to get the hang of narrowing it down to about 30 minutes per essay and for it to have enough detail in so i could gain as high marks as i could, timing is everything in the PSYA3 exam, PSYA4 you can be a bit more laid back with, as you have more time there. Once myself and my teacher was happy with my timings i moved onto the content learning, started using mind maps, found them useless. So created an essay plan for each possible question which could come up, for example; in relationships, for formation i did this
    Theories for the formation of relationships
    A01 –Byrne + Clore – rewards/satisfaction theory – learn through association – pleasant experience – based on OC + CC.
    A02 – Griffit + Guay – Creative task – positive experimenter = we like him PRAISE = GOOD
    A02 – Cate et al – Reward levels – 337 – relationship rewards = most determining factor – evaluate!
    A03 - not universal theory ETHNOCENTRIC
    A01 - Byrne, Clore and Smeaton – Similarity theory – Personality + attitude
    A02 – Bersch + Reis – Similar personalities = more likely to be together
    A02 – Dissimilarity repulsion hypothesis (Rosenabaun) + cultural support Dragatons
    A03 -USA + Sang + Tan Singapore – Collectivist + Individualist YAY
    A01 – Walster et al – matching hypothesis – social/physical desirability
    A02 – Walster et al -752 prom – matches – Q+A – 6 months – success? Attractive = higher expectations. Personality pfft.
    A03 - Demand characteristics – want to look better. A03 – Aron et al – evolutionary – reward system = focus courtship energy = speed up mating process

This for me helped me trim everything down to the barebones, so it would help with my memory recall when trying to remember each study, it also helps with the AO points, i found this method really useful and use it at uni now. It can look a little daunting this method and can take time, but i found it definately to be worth it.

ReputationRep:
    Ah right okay, i did research methods, schizophrenia, Paranormal psychology, Bio rhythms and sleep, relationships and aggression. Generally what i did for them, i started by practicing my essays and trying to get the hang of narrowing it down to about 30 minutes per essay and for it to have enough detail in so i could gain as high marks as i could, timing is everything in the PSYA3 exam, PSYA4 you can be a bit more laid back with, as you have more time there. Once myself and my teacher was happy with my timings i moved onto the content learning, started using mind maps, found them useless. So created an essay plan for each possible question which could come up, for example; in relationships, for formation i did this
    Theories for the formation of relationships
    A01 –Byrne + Clore – rewards/satisfaction theory – learn through association – pleasant experience – based on OC + CC.
    A02 – Griffit + Guay – Creative task – positive experimenter = we like him PRAISE = GOOD
    A02 – Cate et al – Reward levels – 337 – relationship rewards = most determining factor – evaluate!
    A03 - not universal theory ETHNOCENTRIC
    A01 - Byrne, Clore and Smeaton – Similarity theory – Personality + attitude
    A02 – Bersch + Reis – Similar personalities = more likely to be together
    A02 – Dissimilarity repulsion hypothesis (Rosenabaun) + cultural support Dragatons
    A03 -USA + Sang + Tan Singapore – Collectivist + Individualist YAY
    A01 – Walster et al – matching hypothesis – social/physical desirability
    A02 – Walster et al -752 prom – matches – Q+A – 6 months – success? Attractive = higher expectations. Personality pfft.
    A03 - Demand characteristics – want to look better. A03 – Aron et al – evolutionary – reward system = focus courtship energy = speed up mating process

This for me helped me trim everything down to the barebones, so it would help with my memory recall when trying to remember each study, it also helps with the AO points, i found this method really useful and use it at uni now. It can look a little daunting this method and can take time, but i found it definately to be worth it.
    Thank you so much!! This is so helpfull! Are you studying Psychology now? Which University?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much!! This is so helpfull! Are you studying Psychology now? Which University?
    No worries you're welcome I am studying Psychology now yeah at Northumbria University

ReputationRep:
    No worries you're welcome I am studying Psychology now yeah at Northumbria University
    Are you enjoying it?
    I have accepted my place at Plymouth!

ReputationRep:
    Are you enjoying it?
    I have accepted my place at Plymouth!
    Yeah im really enjoying it here, i think you'll find that first year psychology is much easier in comparision to A-Level psychology, as least thats what ive found here Come 2nd year im expecting the workload to increase bigtime! Awh nice awesome! A few people i know go to Plymouth and they really enjoy it there, the city is also very awesome, especially down on the docks, its beautiful!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah im really enjoying it here, i think you'll find that first year psychology is much easier in comparision to A-Level psychology, as least thats what ive found here Come 2nd year im expecting the workload to increase bigtime! Awh nice awesome! A few people i know go to Plymouth and they really enjoy it there, the city is also very awesome, especially down on the docks, its beautiful!
    What A-level grades did you get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rileystringer1)
    What A-level grades did you get?
    BBC overall

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.