Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what to do for Chemical Engineering? (year 12) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking now and I literally have nothing to talk about on any sort of personal statement. So what extra-curriculars can I do for chemical engineering? At the moment I have a masterclass and will be doing the physics challenge but I want to do a summer school but i think they have heavy gcse requirements . Can anyone recommend any books and such? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dysprosium)
    I'm thinking now and I literally have nothing to talk about on any sort of personal statement. So what extra-curriculars can I do for chemical engineering? At the moment I have a masterclass and will be doing the physics challenge but I want to do a summer school but i think they have heavy gcse requirements . Can anyone recommend any books and such? Thanks.
    You could listen to one of the free online lectures, this will aloow you to get a feeling for the content and difficultyof the course and something to talk about as well. You can read a chemistry book on university level ... you can do an extended project at school or ask a teacher, whether he/she can show you some additional experiments. Ideally your teacher will have done a chemistry degree and then will be able to advise you on books an topics you can look at. You can also look at which companies hire chemical engineers and do research about the products. This will give you something to talk about and let you show, that you know, what you will do in that degree.

University pages can help, too. Just look around, no matter, whether that university is one you might attend or not: http://www.ceb.cam.ac.uk/undergradua...n/reading-list

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.