Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What to do when extremely bored (at home) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acefrogman)
    read a good book but don't waste time.

when time has passed, it has gone forever, you can never catch up.
    Who cares what you do? As long as you enjoy it, it isn't wasting time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khanpatel321)
    Who cares what you do? As long as you enjoy it, it isn't wasting time.
    What if I don't know what I enjoy anymore?

ReputationRep:
    study

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous1502)
    How about trying different things and finding which ones you prefer?

Or you could just see how many threads you can post in on TSR haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going to be blunt with you: get a life. The overall impression that you make is that you're restricting yourself to a small number of things that you think you should enjoy but, in reality, you don't.

Join a book club, and make friends while you're at it. Watch TV, if there's something on that you like -- don't try to force yourself to not like things that you consider a waste of time. As for using computers: you've already shown that you don't mind wasting time in that area, so you might as well let yourself enjoy it.

But more than anything: get a life. If you're bored all the time, then you obviously have too few long-term commitments.

ReputationRep:
    Get a PlayStation or handheld gaming device like a PSP or Nintendo 3DS/DS/DSI etc with games.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tinder

ReputationRep:
    Club Penguin
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Yes I am we all have our childish side whether its colouring in or something else.I tried painting the other night (watercolour)however it is hard to have a consistant colour as its hard to create it twice.I don't know what to do I have some essays to write but I need to first do something recreational for me to be able and focus.I am under a lot of stress at this moment the doctor suggested for me to do relaxing activities.Do you have any suggestions?Without the computer and tv I mean tv and computer is good but then you get at a point when it is no longer enough.Please stop with these comments because age is just a number nothing else.
    Have you considered trying to start a long-term project like learning a language or gardening or painting, or an online course on a free MOOC? These things require some motivation and persistence but they're something you can work on regularly for a long period of time and can definitely motivate you because you feel like you're doing something worth while, and they're not stressful either. Also, please ignore Hydeman's comments, he clearly has only come here to put people down.

ReputationRep:
    Learn HTML.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrack)
    Learn HTML.
    I came to suggest C#

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    I came to suggest C#

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Any programming is fun, and it kills a lot of time! May I suggest the OP uses https://www.codecademy.com to learn about coding!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abrack)
    Any programming is fun, and it kills a lot of time! May I suggest the OP uses https://www.codecademy.com to learn about coding!
    Agreed, great site

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yo you got to keep it real, hey just link with your homies and around the projects driving and joking for entertainment, thats what i do

(Original post by Plagioclase)
    please ignore Hydeman's comments
    You're out proselytising, I see. I thought you only indulged your '***** about Hydeman behind his back' hobby on weekdays? :rolleyes:

Spoiler:
    Show
    It's made all the more ironic when you're repeating my advice about long-term commitments and then asking the OP to ignore it:

(Original post by Hydeman)
    I'm going to be blunt with you: get a life. The overall impression that you make is that you're restricting yourself to a small number of things that you think you should enjoy but, in reality, you don't.

Join a book club, and make friends while you're at it. Watch TV, if there's something on that you like -- don't try to force yourself to not like things that you consider a waste of time. As for using computers: you've already shown that you don't mind wasting time in that area, so you might as well let yourself enjoy it.

But more than anything: get a life. If you're bored all the time, then you obviously have too few long-term commitments.
    Nice to see that you're at least attempting to rationalise your silly personal grudge towards me. Mature.

ReputationRep:
    watch anime, talk on tsr, gaming, reading a book, cooking...so many stuff to do!!

ReputationRep:
    read qu'ran

ReputationRep:
    At least you're motivated, try picking up something you can do alone like an instrument. There are tons of online resources to get you started as well if you don't want to commit to getting a teacher.

ReputationRep:
    Just dont do something useless like sitting around playing video games. Do something productive and educational like learning a language or reading books etc. Also go outside and exercise, you said you love to cycle, get a bike then and go jogging etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    Have you considered trying to start a long-term project like learning a language or gardening or painting, or an online course on a free MOOC? These things require some motivation and persistence but they're something you can work on regularly for a long period of time and can definitely motivate you because you feel like you're doing something worth while, and they're not stressful either. Also, please ignore Hydeman's comments, he clearly has only come here to put people down.
    I am learning Mandarin,Russian and French.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.