Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iwishicouldfly14)
    Good Luck again!!
    I'm trying to decide whether I should ask if it's possible to apply for the school after I have my results back because I think my grades will be better than I'm predicted - I just don't know what they'll say.
    Same with you!
    Ah sorry for the late reply! And thanks ! It went pretty well xD some of it was actually more difficult than I had expected, but on the whole it was okay :P
    If they're asking for predicted grades, just say you don't have them or something (haha!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by draculaura)
    Ah sorry for the late reply! And thanks ! It went pretty well xD some of it was actually more difficult than I had expected, but on the whole it was okay :P
    If they're asking for predicted grades, just say you don't have them or something (haha!)
    I guess.
    When do you find out??
    If anyone asks me if I'm moving now - I just say "no - I think I'm staying" - Unless I get a place at this school with my low predicted grades, I'm gonna be staying.
    More people than I thought are going to be staying at my school though

ReputationRep:
    I guess.
    When do you find out??
    If anyone asks me if I'm moving now - I just say "no - I think I'm staying" - Unless I get a place at this school with my low predicted grades, I'm gonna be staying.
    More people than I thought are going to be staying at my school though
    Oh! I've found out hahahaha (sorry for the really late reply :eek:) I've decided I'm going to Charterhouse : P
    Have you heard back?

ReputationRep:
    Oh! I've found out hahahaha (sorry for the really late reply :eek:) I've decided I'm going to Charterhouse : P
    Have you heard back?
    I have an exam for a state school on Thursday, and if I don't get in I'll apply to the other school.
    My mocks went really well (better than I expected) so I'm not too worried about them rejecting me for "poor" grades.

ReputationRep:
    I have an exam for a state school on Thursday, and if I don't get in I'll apply to the other school.
    My mocks went really well (better than I expected) so I'm not too worried about them rejecting me for "poor" grades.
    Oh! good luck! Don't worry, my mocks went awful - and they didn't even mention it in the interview at Charterhouse... (Only that my predicted grades for English weren't amazing, they were like Bs I think, and I just said I'd do better in the real thing :laugh:)

ReputationRep:
    Oh! good luck! Don't worry, my mocks went awful - and they didn't even mention it in the interview at Charterhouse... (Only that my predicted grades for English weren't amazing, they were like Bs I think, and I just said I'd do better in the real thing :laugh:)
    My predicted grade for English Lit ended up being pushed down to a C - but then I got an A in the mock so it got increased again to an A

ReputationRep:
    My predicted grade for English Lit ended up being pushed down to a C - but then I got an A in the mock so it got increased again to an A
    Woah! That's really good. I got a B in mine... :doh:

ReputationRep:
    Woah! That's really good. I got a B in mine... :doh:
    I got an A* in one essay, an A in the second one and they lost my poetry and prose essay which I found on Friday (after a couple of weeks of the teacher not finding it) and I haven't been in class since so I'll get my third essay back tomorrow - but unless it's below a B, it won't affect my overall grade.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.