Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

KALMS tablets Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

So i recently purchased KALMS tablets, and I have been taking them religiously 2 tablets 3 times a day.

Was wondering if taking 3 tablets instead of 2 would help me in terms of my anxiety. I really don't want to go to a doctor about my anxiety or panic attacks as they'll give me strong tablets to balance my hormones etc.. but i really don't want to do that. A family friend has told me that tablets are the worst to get onto.

Recently started going gym, to help me a bit more and pop my head out of the window for air.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fearless96)
    Hi guys,

So i recently purchased KALMS tablets, and I have been taking them religiously 2 tablets 3 times a day.

Was wondering if taking 3 tablets instead of 2 would help me in terms of my anxiety. I really don't want to go to a doctor about my anxiety or panic attacks as they'll give me strong tablets to balance my hormones etc.. but i really don't want to do that. A family friend has told me that tablets are the worst to get onto.

Recently started going gym, to help me a bit more and pop my head out of the window for air.
    Over the counter tablets like that are meant for occasional use only and not long term use. You really need to see a Doctor and have a frank discussion with them. Medications aren't the only solution they can offer so don't worry, you won't have to take any medication you don't want to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestCat)
    Over the counter tablets like that are meant for occasional use only and not long term use. You really need to see a Doctor and have a frank discussion with them. Medications aren't the only solution they can offer so don't worry, you won't have to take any medication you don't want to.
    I thinks its also because i don't want them having it in their records that i came to discuss something like this. I feel like doctors think the worst, as if I'm going to commit suicide, or I'm depressed.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I thinks its also because i don't want them having it in their records that i came to discuss something like this. I feel like doctors think the worst, as if I'm going to commit suicide, or I'm depressed.
    It really doesn't work that way. Please don't worry, but it is better to seek help from a professional than to try and self-medicate.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

No need to increase ... but they take a good 2 weeks to work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    No need to increase ... but they take a good 2 weeks to work
    Okay great!!! first week almost over, bring on next week then haha xx

ReputationRep:
    Okay great!!! first week almost over, bring on next week then haha xx
    I hope they work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    I hope they work
    Me too !
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    No every GP will automatically give out tablets. You're also within your right to refuse them. I've met a GP who when I told him I had depression, didn't (I didn't either) mention medication at all and I refused the second time.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.