Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Debate me Watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the mood for a debate ( a , decent , intelligent debate ) about anything
    Come up with a topic and I will debate it
    with you
    Lets go
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    with you
    Lets go
    Not sure I believe the bit in bold. You won't revert to JD tactics??

ReputationRep:
    with you
    Lets go
    Damn
    I can't think of a topic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you have the potential, it is a much wiser decision to become a doctor (/any other highly skilled job) than a teacher.

ReputationRep:
    Jet fuel can't melt steel beams

ReputationRep:
    https://youtu.be/RRywu8NK_Z0
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    If you have the potential, it is a much wiser decision to become a doctor (/any other highly skilled job) than a teacher.
    I believe anyone should be able to do whatever jobs they want to do providing they have the qualifications and requirements to do it and if someone has the potential to go into a high skilled profession than they should

ReputationRep:
    I believe anyone should be able to do whatever jobs they want to do providing they have the qualifications and requirements to do it and if someone has the potential to go into a high skilled profession than they should
    I think you made a slight contradiction there^. So say I get 100% in all the exams I do (full UMS and whatever) and instead of becoming a doctor/engineer (etc.), I decide to teach at a Primary School because I just want to. Is that wise?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I think you made a slight contradiction there^. So say I get 100% in all the exams I do (full UMS and whatever) and instead of becoming a doctor/engineer (etc.), I decide to teach at a Primary School because I just want to. Is that wise?
    Depends; would you enjoy teaching more than the skilled job? That is what I would base my career choice on; after all, there's no point being rich and miserable.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  CCvYdADWYAAIwq4.png
Views: 70
Size:  230.2 KB...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Like I said anyone should and is able to go what ever jobs they want to do however high skill jobs are needed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Depends; would you enjoy teaching more than the skilled job? That is what I would base my career choice on; after all, there's no point being rich and miserable.
    Like I said anyone should and is able to go what ever jobs they want to do however high skill jobs are needed
    Shouldn't they think about the possibility of financial struggles in future?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drriversong)
    Name:  CCvYdADWYAAIwq4.png
Views: 70
Size:  230.2 KB...
    Ha Miliband .... He stabbed his brother in the back and he was unable to look normal ( Bacon sandwich ) and there's Corybn who is a weak leader .... PMQs are rather boring with him asking the same questions
    As far as leadership Miliband was seen as to left wing and labour crucified him For that and supporters go a elect a far left MP as leader ?

ReputationRep:
    Ha Miliband .... He stabbed his brother in the back and he was unable to look normal ( Bacon sandwich ) and there's Corybn who is a weak leader .... PMQs are rather boring with him asking the same questions
    As far as leadership Miliband was seen as to left wing and labour crucified him For that and supporters go a elect a far left MP as leader ?
    Sorry but who the bloody hell looks good eating
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:

Depends
    The NLW is increasing and taxes are going down as well as a increase in the state pension
    Everyone has had some financial set backs but work is paying and people are seeing 4% pay rise every year however wages are not rising in line with employment
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Well yes, however if they are good at the job they choose they will likely not face a financial struggle unless they choose to work in a factory or the suchlike

ReputationRep:
    Depends
    The NLW is increasing and taxes are going down as well as a increase in the state pension

Everyone has had some financial set backs but work is paying and people are seeing 4% pay rise every year however wages are not rising in line with employment
    Well yes, however if they are good at the job they choose they will likely not face a financial struggle unless they choose to work in a factory or the suchlike
    Ummm ok, I'm not really the politics type of guy, but I do understand what you're saying. Then again, these stats change every day so I doubt someone will base their entire future on predicted reduction of taxes and so forth.

But something like a primary school teacher, you can't really excel as far and probably won't earn more than 30k. Hence, there's a higher risk of becoming a financial wreck (slight exaggeration).
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Ummm ok, I'm not really the politics type of guy, but I do understand what you're saying. Then again, these stats change every day so I doubt someone will base their entire future on predicted reduction of taxes and so forth.

But something like a primary school teacher, you can't really excel as far and probably won't earn more than 30k. Hence, there's a higher risk of becoming a financial wreck (slight exaggeration).
    You're making a good point. However, my belief is that people do a better job at things they enjoy; I'd rather have people enjoy what they do than just going through the motions because it pays well.

ReputationRep:
    You're making a good point. However, my belief is that people do a better job at things they enjoy; I'd rather have people enjoy what they do than just going through the motions because it pays well.
    Yeah that's fair enough. I'm Asian so maybe this ideology of aiming for the best is in my blood .

Good thing I actually want to do medicine. I doubt my parents would let me do much else.

ReputationRep:
    Is Corybn a closet homosexual who hates women?

I'll start.

How can anyone sleep with Diane Abbott? Surely this was his way of rationalising his hatred for women.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.