Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am in my second year of an undergraduate degree and have decided to change my course. I will have to repeat the second year and i was wondering how much SAAS tuition funding I am eligible to receive?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unigirlinamess)
    I am in my second year of an undergraduate degree and have decided to change my course. I will have to repeat the second year and i was wondering how much SAAS tuition funding I am eligible to receive?
    Hi there!

As far as I am aware, you may still be eligible to receive the same tuition/loans as you have already been getting. There are some exceptions to this, for example if you already have a Bachelor's degree, or if this will be your second course change.

The SAAS website has guidelines to their funding policies, (page 30 may be useful!), which I've linked here:

<http://www.saas.gov.uk/_forms/sas4.pdf>

I can't tell you anything for fact, so it would be wise to either contact Student Services in the Fraser Building or to contact SAAS directly to be 100% sure.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any other questions.

Scott
    Undergraduate Rep
    School of Engineering

ReputationRep:
    You should be fine, everyone gets an extra year of funding to use for a repeat

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the reply. I changed my course at the end of first year and progressed into second year as normal. Does this still effect my funding as this is a second course change. Will I loose all my funding now?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the reply. I changed my course at the end of first year and progressed into second year as normal. Does this still effect my funding as this is a second course change. Will I loose all my funding now?
    So you went first year, changed to a different course for second year, now changing course again and repeating second year? Should still be ok as the first course change was still progression from year 1 to 2, so it won't count as having used your extra year of funding

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's right, changed course after first year but still progressed. Changed course again And have to repeat second year. I might phone them up and ask. I should hopefully still get at least 2 years funding, to cover me. Fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's right, changed course after first year but still progressed. Changed course again And have to repeat second year. I might phone them up and ask. I should hopefully still get at least 2 years funding, to cover me. Fingers crossed
    I'm about 99% sure you will still have full funding I've been through something similar with SAAS but definitely phone them up to make sure they know what's going on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I really appreciate it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.