Computer science or english lit a level?

Watch
geniequeen48
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,
I know for certain that I will be choosing biology and chemistry as I really like them and know they'd open many doors for me.

However...
I'm not sure about the other two, I have already applied to colleges with the a levels bio, chem, english lit and spanish.

I'm scared english lit would be too much for me.
I do really enjoy reading but I like to read trilogies but not books like harry potter (never liked it). I do like a range of books however I dont think compared to other students wanting to study the a level I have read enough books. I LOVE the analysis and anything that's analysed makes any book interesting.

I heard bio will have a lot of content and chemistry well I think I can handle it if I handle my time well.

Deep at the back of my mind I don't see the point of studying spanish as I think I'll just forget it in a few years time. Although french helps and I can remember vocabulary very easily in spanish and I have seen the as papers and they aren't too bad. I was thinking choose an easier subject to have a breather and a good balance. But I love computer science and technology etc, but I have come to thw point of hating maths. I understand it etc but its just an annoying subject for me, full of numbers...bleurgh.

I'm doint CS gcse now and I dont know if I should swap the a levels?
lizziemxrtin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd say if you're that interested in literature definitely take english lit. I do English lit and although it's challenging i do really enjoy it. There is a lot of reading involved but not as much as i expected so far, and if you love reading then it shouldn't be a problem anyway
geniequeen48
Rep:
?
(Original post by lizziemxrtin)
I'd say if you're that interested in literature definitely take english lit. I do English lit and although it's challenging i do really enjoy it. There is a lot of reading involved but not as much as i expected so far, and if you love reading then it shouldn't be a problem anyway
Hmm okay, is it like read 5 chapters every week?
geniequeen48
Rep:
?
Bump
geniequeen48
Rep:
?
Bump
geniequeen48
Rep:
?
Anyone?
OrionMusicNet
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by geniequeen48)
Hi,
I know for certain that I will be choosing biology and chemistry as I really like them and know they'd open many doors for me.

However...
I'm not sure about the other two, I have already applied to colleges with the a levels bio, chem, english lit and spanish.

I'm scared english lit would be too much for me.
I do really enjoy reading but I like to read trilogies but not books like harry potter (never liked it). I do like a range of books however I dont think compared to other students wanting to study the a level I have read enough books. I LOVE the analysis and anything that's analysed makes any book interesting.

I heard bio will have a lot of content and chemistry well I think I can handle it if I handle my time well.

Deep at the back of my mind I don't see the point of studying spanish as I think I'll just forget it in a few years time. Although french helps and I can remember vocabulary very easily in spanish and I have seen the as papers and they aren't too bad. I was thinking choose an easier subject to have a breather and a good balance. But I love computer science and technology etc, but I have come to thw point of hating maths. I understand it etc but its just an annoying subject for me, full of numbers...bleurgh.

I'm doint CS gcse now and I dont know if I should swap the a levels?
Computer science doesn't have that much maths directly but you would need to be comfortable with it when you are expected to produce code. If you dislike numbers that much then it might be best to stay away.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads