Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dealing with anxiety on school trips? Watch

Announcements

I'm going on a 4 day school trip to Spain in a few weeks and I'm so, so nervous.

It should be fun, it's a small group of us (10 students I think and 2 teachers) and we've got lots of things planned like visiting monuments and tours and meals and shows

But I suffer with really bad anxiety.

I'm worried it's going to ruin the trip for me, I'm scared that I'll be anxious during it and that I'll have a panic attack or be sick or feel faint or not sleep.

It's my first time going abroad without family for 3 years and in that time I've developed this horrific anxiety disorder and I won't be able to control it and it's making me absolutely terrified of going on this trip. The last time I stayed away from home I had a panic attack at 2am, threw up and had to be sent home which obviously cannot happen here as I'll be in another country!

I barely know the other 9 students- 2 are in my class and I get on ok with them, but the other 7 are in the year below and I don't know them. My teacher is aware of my anxiety but still...

I just really don't know what to do, I don't want to go on the trip any more because my anxiety is making me so nervous for it but I have to- my parents have already paid and my passport is at the school and stuff and has anyone got any advice?

PS: to make matters worse, we're travelling my aeroplane and I really hate planes!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Are you getting any help for your anxiety?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 1970
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.