Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

stopping NHS bursaries for nursing Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jad3s3yh4030)
    Yeah completely, but 18,900 isnt a lot for what the nurses do & the hours they work, but the nurse graduates before 2017 will be earing a lot more than that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    https://nationalcareersservice.direc...dultnurse.aspx
    Check this out.

ReputationRep:
    nurses shouldnt even need to do degrees. loads of nurses i know with 20+ years of experience are much more knowledgeable and have a greater degree of common sense than the young nurses these days who go to uni. it's bureacracy for the sake of it, and didnt do nurses any harm back in the day.

ReputationRep:
    It's ridiculous and a decision made by an idiot with a very bad record of poor decision making throughout his term. All due respect to the British public, they laughed when Donald Trump got in but the reality is this country's been led by money grabbing, anti social, bigoted little boys for the last four years. Anyway, charging the same fees for a nursing degree as you would for any other in any other discipline is actually counter productive. If you're going to be liable for the same debts once your programme is finished, then you may as apply for a programme which will bring you a better starting salary, a better employer and better prospects than working for the NHS. Not to insult the institution, I've worked for them before but it happened to be the hardest job I had, for the lowest amount of pay and this was because of the unpaid time I put in, their own policies and regulations, and a persistent problem with skill deficits and general motivation within teams. They'd save so much money if they reviewed their own sick leave policies and as a result, didn't have to employ so many agency staff. NHS has been interfered with by successive, stupid governments since its creation and it's a shame we've got so much further on, but still have such silly problems.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.